Suntek

Strange, because their solar bronze is one of their least absorbing solar films. (according to their website) Only the silver and 50 neutral are lower.

As for the 35 neutral, it's similar to everyone elses... nearly 50% absorption, which is in the danger zone for less than perfect IG units or unstable buildings and unstable frames.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I am going to go out on my own and get my own extimates. Thanks for that idea.

On the estimates they measured them 68X68 IG with MUTTS. I feel retarded cause WTF does MUTTS stand fer. I know it is the white grate inbetween the glass but MUTT come on.

Guest Key West
I dont really see why the windows are that expensive to replace. The last time I had a glass claim, about a year ago, I got a 60' by 70' window replaced for less than 500 bucks. And yes, it was an insulated commercial unit. Call around and see if anyone will replace it cheaper.

In fact, call around, and tell everyone you talk to that you've got a 450.00 budget per window, and you'll give the job to whomever can do it for that price. :eyebrows

If you can get one for THAT, I want the contact info for the glass co. Even WITH SHIPPING, thats cheap!!!

I think I am going to go out on my own and get my own extimates. Thanks for that idea.

On the estimates they measured them 68X68 IG with MUTTS. I feel retarded cause WTF does MUTTS stand fer. I know it is the white grate inbetween the glass but MUTT come on.

Muttons, Mullions, whatever. The square wood/plastic grid thingys that give you the faux french pane look.

Actually I had a residential dual pane crack with SYDS 35 after about 6 months. The customer emailed me and asked me what to do. I explained to him what a thermal stress crack looks like and then compare that to the crack. The reason I questioned it is that before I installed the film to his entire house he had a window that was cracked and he was going to have it replaced before the fil was to be installed. This new crack is in a window that is right next to it. I havent heard back from him since I emailed him back...apparently it didnt have a thermal stress fracture appearance...SO I am not sure if it was the film or just inferior glass. My guess would be the later. The only reason I used Suntek at the time was because I was going through a phase of trying different films to see which I liked to work with best. Needless to say, I havent used Suntek since that job...

Archived