A Question Of The Origins (Creation/Evolution)

Good vids Ric. :lol Where did you find this stuff anyway?

:beer

I've been interested in this kind of thing (the big picture, the nature of man, the universe, God, the end of time, the nature of time and matter/energy itself etc.) since I was a small child, so I do a lot of searching and reading and video watching. :lol :lol

me too. sometimes I question.......everything, even my own faith.

:thumb

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
question for the people who believe literally everything in the bible, and I asked this before several years ago...

based on the premise of creationism, how did noah load the ark with 2 of every land dwelling animal in the WORLD?

did he load the dinosaurs(can you find evidence for their existence in the bible)? how did he gather these animals from different parts of the world? even assuming that much of the land may have been connected at one time how could one man and his family accomplish this? and why is it important in the bible for this story to be told?

It wasn't just 2 of every animal, it was 2 of the unclean and 7 of the clean. Very large creatures could easily fit if they weren't fully grown. There was only one land mass at the time, and the construction of the ark took 120 years. Yes, 'behemoths' were described in the bible, with "tails like cedars" etc. It's important because it's part of history that God says scientists would be willfully ignorant of. It's also an allegory to the present day and the end of the world. :dunno

thanks for your response on that td. even in disagreement its fun to kick this stuff around a little.

question for the people who believe literally everything in the bible, and I asked this before several years ago...

based on the premise of creationism, how did noah load the ark with 2 of every land dwelling animal in the WORLD?

did he load the dinosaurs(can you find evidence for their existence in the bible)? how did he gather these animals from different parts of the world? even assuming that much of the land may have been connected at one time how could one man and his family accomplish this? and why is it important in the bible for this story to be told?

It wasn't just 2 of every animal, it was 2 of the unclean and 7 of the clean. Very large creatures could easily fit if they weren't fully grown. There was only one land mass at the time, and the construction of the ark took 120 years. Yes, 'behemoths' were described in the bible, with "tails like cedars" etc. It's important because it's part of history that God says scientists would be willfully ignorant of. It's also an allegory to the present day and the end of the world. :lol

thanks for your response on that td. even in disagreement its fun to kick this stuff around a little.

Man, I love talking about this kind of thing. :poke

Good vids Ric. :eyebrows Where did you find this stuff anyway?

:beer

I've been interested in this kind of thing (the big picture, the nature of man, the universe, God, the end of time, the nature of time and matter/energy itself etc.) since I was a small child, so I do a lot of searching and reading and video watching. :fdup :beer

I'd recommend this, then: www.watchtower.org

I'd recommend this, then: www.watchtower.org

omg, the jehovah's??!! won't accept blood at the hospital, won't let their kids celebrate halloween, won't leave you alone if you're unlucky enough to live near one of their churches. etc...

I seem te be living to close then , I get a visit once every month :thumb . I have tryed several times to outquestion them ...but they have an answer to everything :thumb Most of them I can put on my top 10 of krazy people :thumb ..But do respect their determenation , I wonder how many times they've got a door slammed in their face but still keep going....

Guest tallscott

As for dinosaurs go to Texas and in the fossel record there are both dinosaur and human foot prints in a path and some of the dinosaur foot prints cover some of the human prints! As for batrillion of years found by carbon dating I don't have a problem with it because God expanded the heavens (space) twice. So if space ,time and matter are all equal, change one and you change the other, and God made matter bigger twice than time and space change too! So carbon dating would be correct in that context but recorded history is only six to 10,000 years! But wait till He shrinks it again soon!!

Archived