A Question Of The Origins (Creation/Evolution)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tallscott
question for the people who believe literally everything in the bible, and I asked this before several years ago...

based on the premise of creationism, how did noah load the ark with 2 of every land dwelling animal in the WORLD? did he load the dinosaurs(can you find evidence for their existence in the bible)? how did he gather these animals from different parts of the world? even assuming that much of the land may have been connected at one time how could one man and his family accomplish this? and why is it important in the bible for this story to be told?

God brought forth the animals into the ark, most animals were small or babies no need to bring a full grown elephant into the ark.

The word dinosaurs was first (created/coined) in the 1850's upto that time these as we call them today were called dragons, even firebreathing dragons. evolutionist changed there name from dragon to dinosaur.

It was a global flood because you can go to the mountian tops in Flagstaff Arizona and find sea shells just more evidence of a global flood.

Before 1874 every Bible had 80 books in it, unlike today we have 66 thats because the American Bible society took them out to save the .cost of printing, these other books were called the Apocrypha.... in them there is a book called Bell and the Dragon, not Bell and the dinosaur.

Jesus always quoted the Septuagint as did Paul, which had these other books in it.

Jesus didn't quote the Septuagint(Greek). He was Hebrew and quoted the tora. The Hebrew old testimate. I don't think teaching and speaking Greek in the Temple in Isreal would have gone over too well! Not mention on shabbat they read and still do a passage from the tora every week. He did that for a prophesy about Himself from Isiah and almost got stoned for saying He was the messiah!

I'd recommend this, then: www.watchtower.org

omg, the jehovah's??!! won't accept blood at the hospital, won't let their kids celebrate halloween, won't leave you alone if you're unlucky enough to live near one of their churches. etc...

I seem te be living to close then , I get a visit once every month :rollin . I have tryed several times to outquestion them ...but they have an answer to everything :tantrum Most of them I can put on my top 10 of krazy people :tantrum ..But do respect their determenation , I wonder how many times they've got a door slammed in their face but still keep going....

How many times do you hear the phrase, "The tint goes on the outside?" and still keep tinting? The two events are completely independent of one another. :tantrum

Guest FilmBlazer

For the record the ark would have been occupied by over one million species of animals. One landmass or not, the entire land surface area of the globe is an awfully large area to cover and round up over one million species of animals. Creationism or evolution? Both have various areas that are very difficult to believe, or are scientifically flat out impossible. Having said that, what makes Christianity right and every other religion known to man wrong? Each has its own scripture and claimed history.

Why do Christians believe in such far fetched tales, many from nearly illiterate men that had never seen Jesus with their own eyes? Why do historians that lived during the time of Jesus have little to nothing to mention of him and the acts that he allegedly carried out? :tantrum I am not attacking Christianity here, merely pointing out that each argument displays weakness in the claims that they make.

Thinking about creationism/evolution makes my head spin :tantrum

For the record the ark would have been occupied by over one million species of animals.

The question of species assumes Darwinian doctrine, variation in one type of animal with a common parent was actually illustrated by Darwin through his observation of Finches, hundreds of varieties with a single (supposedly) origin.

One landmass or not, the entire land surface area of the globe is an awfully large area to cover and round up over one million species of animals.

Pre flood the genetic codes were much more complete than they are now. Pre flood men lived to be 800 to 900 years old. After the flood the conditions on the earth changed, even the gravity changed. The bible notes that the fountains of the deep were opened and that the windows of heaven (space) were also opened. That means that extra water that wasn't here before was added, hence more mass, hence more gravity. Many of the larger land mammals couldn't deal with the greater gravity and died off.

Creationism or evolution? Both have various areas that are very difficult to believe, or are scientifically flat out impossible. Having said that, what makes Christianity right and every other religion known to man wrong? Each has its own scripture and claimed history.

No other scripture has been scrutinized as much and been proven accurate historically and geologically than the word of YHWH.

Why do Christians believe in such far fetched tales, many from nearly illiterate men that had never seen Jesus with their own eyes?

You think that is something, read the old testament and then study all the prophecies made there about the Messiah, you will learn that the Lord Yeshua fulfilled them all, over 400. He himself said that this information is hidden to those who don't have ears to hear or eyes to see.

Why do historians that lived during the time of Jesus have little to nothing to mention of him and the acts that he allegedly carried out?

That's not exactly true.

:tantrum I am not attacking Christianity here, merely pointing out that each argument displays weakness in the claims that they make.

Thinking about creationism/evolution makes my head spin :tantrum

I understand, I don't think you are attacking it at all, you have valid questions, the same that when answered lead many to the truth my friend.

I'm going to do my best to address each issue individualy as I understand them, then try to tie it all together. :nope Granted, I say this knowing that many of you guys and gals may not give a :nope , and in that case, sorry for taking your time. :lol

For the record the ark would have been occupied by over one million species of animals.
Not necessarily. It's my understanding that the flood may have happened tens of thousand of years ago. It's difficult to say how many species were in existance at that time.
One landmass or not, the entire land surface area of the globe is an awfully large area to cover and round up over one million species of animals.
This is indeed a compelling argument. I would like to hear the creationists' explanation as to how humans appeared at relatively the same point in time all over the globe. :uh At this point I'll ask, how does one discern the difference between millions to one or so odds and miracles?
Creationism or evolution? Both have various areas that are very difficult to believe, or are scientifically flat out impossible. Having said that, what makes Christianity right and every other religion known to man wrong? Each has its own scripture and claimed history.
It is true that events in history have done little to help the case for Christ, and even in spite of that, the faith lives on. More to the point, however, I'll be the first Christian to admit that I could be wrong, and anyone who claims that Christianity, or any other form of faith is fact, is violating the logical concept that truth is relative only to all who are in the proceess of discussing it. By all means, if my faith is mistaken, I want to know. :uh Believe it or not though, there is more to it than the popular notion of the consequence of hellfire and brimstone leading millions of people across every nation -that will allow it- to follow Christ.
Why do Christians believe in such far fetched tales, many from nearly illiterate men that had never seen Jesus with their own eyes?
I can't speak to the specifics, as I'm neither sure what tales you are referring to, nor of the claim that the writers were nearly illiterate. :uh I'll address however the overall sentiment that the faithful in those days believed in seemingly preposterous things. They believed, as many, many today, not only what they had heard, but what they had consequently felt in their hearts had been confirmed by the spirit of Christ.
Why do historians that lived during the time of Jesus have little to nothing to mention of him and the acts that he allegedly carried out? :uh
... Can't say for sure. (This is my very sketchy memory of the brief mention of Christ in history). All that was basicly said was that there was a man who had drawn crowds of followers and there seemed to be some concerns that the followers might cause problems.

More interesting to me would be the history of these new Christians being openly and perhaps even joyfully persecuted by non-believers of that time. It would have been foolish in those days to lay your life down based on far fetched tales, but enough people did, many to the point of death. Something must account for such faith in the face of massive opposition.

I am not attacking Christianity here, merely pointing out that each argument displays weakness in the claims that they make.
Questioning is always a good start to understanding. :uh

That said, I feel that if you honestly look into it, you'll find that perhaps there are many things which you have not considered. All of the crap that I just wrote, for example, is just a minute fraction -albeit probably riddled with heresy :lol - of the concepts of the Christian faith. Consider the idea of devine revelation, which basicly says that we're too falible to even grasp God in His entirety. Or just consider that ambiguity is not necessarily exclusive to fallacy.

Thinking about creationism/evolution makes my head spin :beer [/qoute]
Thinking about it is one thing, looking further into it is better. If you like, don't listen to any of us. Search all of the information that is available to you -about all faiths, and come to a sound conclusion that you can feel confident in... one that doesn't just "make your head spin". :lol2

:err

WOOW !! tint 45 What a post , I'm glad I took the time to read it :uh

I'm reased as a non believer , My parents never took me to church once ..I still don't go btw . I became a believer by life experiance ; I see myself as an openminded person and looking for answers like most in here . I have talked to one of my moslim friends about religion several times , And the conclusion of it all is that are ALOT of simularitys between the Koran and the bible ..they only use diffirent storys to make their point . ( they mension Jesus as one of the proffits btw ) and they believe that Mohammed climed on a golden ladder to heaven :uh and they really think it hapend .

They talk about the same things but told by diffirent people in a diffirent story . This fact only makes me believe less in these fantasy story's like the "Ark" ( just my opinion) , But makes me believe stronger in God and the things he's trying to teach us .

Aswell as the Bible as the Koran are translated , copied and re wrote to often to take litteraly , just my :uh ...BUT THE TRUTH IS IN THERE somewhere ...

Archived