My take on Geoshield IRs 70

Installed some Geoshield IRs 70 for the first time today on a residential sunroom. Best PS adhesive I have ever worked with. The liner released like it was Dry adhesive. Very east to work with, Film thickness is just right and the liner is real thin. Clarity is super clear. Just a slight greenish blue hue to it....looks awesome! Film cuts like butter and takes alot to get it to crease...which it never happened today. Seemed like I had to press harder to get the slip solution out or maybe I was just a little limp wristed today....lol I would have to say that this is one of the best films I have ever worked with and I have tried just about everything out there for FG. Here are some pictures of the completed job. I have to go back and do the 1/2 moon window since I forgot to bring enough film to do it. The customer liked it so much she wanted me to do 2 more bay windows and two more double hung windows in her house (150sf). Cha Ching!!!! I also did some clear 7 mil safety film on two entry doors in the back. I have to go back and Dow the edges as well (white 995). Over all, I give the Geoshield IRs 70 a 5 out of 5 Olfa rating. :poop:spit :spit :spit:olfa

100_1745.jpg

100_1747.jpg<--seal already failed

100_1742.jpg

100_1743.jpg

100_1744.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy

I like the liner coming off very easy b/c I "pop","drop", watever yall call it and sometimes it doesnt go all the way down..yea I know about the broom stick. sometimes I like to roll right out the box but that would be hard to notic a tacky liner.. so if I like it falling off easy...I dont want ps ...right?

Job looks great :spit

Since I'm trying to learn as much as I can about FG... what did vlcimber mean by "it's already blowing seals"? I understand that seals fail in windows (hell, I'm looking out one right now). But did you mean that the film caused the seals to fail early? Or just, are those windows fairly new and you guys were surprised the seals already failed? (As in, they were cheap windows or something).

Job looks great :spit

Since I'm trying to learn as much as I can about FG... what did vlcimber mean by "it's already blowing seals"? I understand that seals fail in windows (hell, I'm looking out one right now). But did you mean that the film caused the seals to fail early? Or just, are those windows fairly new and you guys were surprised the seals already failed? (As in, they were cheap windows or something).

He was just being a smart azz....lol we do that on here.. The window already had a failed seal in that one picture (condensation built up between the two glass panes (picture #2--middle bottom window). Lets just say he prefers another great ceramic film....

Archived