My take on Geoshield IRs 70

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

A lot of flat glass PS film do not have de-tack adhesive. There are many different types of PS adhesives that can be used some are tackier than others. On many FG films that use PS adhesives, the PS adhesive is usually tacky enough to install on a car. -ime

I keep seeing people refer to Geo IRIS 70 as a "ceramic" film. Is that what Geoshield says it is? Maybe burns can comment? :klingon

A lot of flat glass PS film do not have de-tack adhesive. There are many different types of PS adhesives that can be used some are tackier than others. On many FG films that use PS adhesives, the PS adhesive is usually tacky enough to install on a car. -ime

I keep seeing people refer to Geo IRIS 70 as a "ceramic" film. Is that what Geoshield says it is? Maybe burns can comment? :dunno

"superb nano-ceramic technology"

I just saw it on the resi part of their website. :thumb

And why is it that IRis70 is measured on 6mm glass and all the others

on that same page measured on 3mm glass?

Of course you know, if it's on the internet, it must be true! :thumb

Guest vclimber

I've asked this before, no answer yet. :thumb

Geoshield says on their website that they manufacture and distribute... where is their MFG facility? On the LSU Campus? :thumb

Website says that their films are dye-free/metal-free... another question. Is IRIS 70 dye free?

Anyone? :dunno

Guest tintgod

I've asked this before, no answer yet. :lol2

Geoshield says on their website that they manufacture and distribute... where is their MFG facility? On the LSU Campus? :dunno

Website says that their films are dye-free/metal-free... another question. Is IRIS 70 dye free?

Anyone? :thumb

for someone that know alot about the industry..im sure you know the answer to these questions you are asking V...So...why dont we play nice here..ok? :thumb

Guest vclimber

I've asked this before, no answer yet. :lol2

Geoshield says on their website that they manufacture and distribute... where is their MFG facility? On the LSU Campus? :lol2

Anyone? :lol2

for someone that know alot about the industry..im sure you know the answer to these questions you are asking V...So...why dont we play nice here..ok? :thumb

Sorry if I come across as having an agenda. I really do not. If IRis 70 is not a ceramic film then it is being misrepresented by some. That can't be good. In my experience I have yet to see a ceramic product in 70% vlt that can perform as well as the IRis 70. If it is ceramic then it is performing better than any 50,60 and 70%vlt ceramic out there, cool! :dunno Geoshield's specs on this film are a lot closer to IR rejecting dyed films. So I'm just asking what is it? :lol2 Not trying to low blow anyone here. :thumb

As for getting an answer about testing on different thicknesses of glass our industry is in serious need of unified testing methods for the benefit of the consumer. If there is a valid reason not to test on 1/8th inch clear glass like the rest of the industry then an explanation would be better than silence I'd think. :lol2 I see that Burns still cruises through these threads so I'm just curious, I don't know everything. Sorry if I offended anyone. :lol2

I didn't know that Geoshield had 2 different adhesives for their IR film. All I tried was their pressure sensitive adhesive auto film.

I heard the IRis 70 has a different adhesive than the geo and dark matter aka "g" & is less tacky, within the next year or so all the films adhesive will be as nice as the Iris 70 except of course dark matter hopefully they leave that ps alone its a nice film & shrinks good.

asked about the Iris70 and it is an inert "ceramic" film...there are absolutely no dyes in any of the Geoshield films other than the auto line. The answer to the 6mm glass is that they developed the film to be towards the large plate glass market and so they gave the numbers on the 6mm glass. The numbers only change very little on the 1/8" glass.

Guest vclimber
asked about the Iris70 and it is an inert "ceramic" film...there are absolutely no dyes in any of the Geoshield films other than the auto line. The answer to the 6mm glass is that they developed the film to be towards the large plate glass market and so they gave the numbers on the 6mm glass. The numbers only change very little on the 1/8" glass.

Thanks! :dunno

So if IRis70 is a ceramic film like the Geo 30,40,50, what makes it perform better than their 40% ceramic? :thumb

Archived