Please Help!! I need advice on my tint job!

Guest Parker

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Thetintcenter
Sorry, I'm new and still trying to figure out how to add more to my original message. In case there's any confusion, I live in Mississippi so I'm pretty sure it's hot enough here, but we do also have terrible humidity. I will try to get some pictures up, but all I have is a cell phone camera. The bubbles are mostly very small. They are visible from the outside and inside, and appear to be clear. The majority of them are very small, but they are clustered in certain areas.

that sounds like debris :thumb

If they appear to be clear not white but more like braile then it's solution. Let it dry in the sun not in the garage.

Should I have it redone or is there anything that I can do?

Just offer to meet him so he can at least look at it. If he is as good as his rep. he will immediatley know if it needs to be re-done, and schedule a time to fix it. Just be sure to be polite.

Oh and if it does dry to a clean job, you owe him $50 for not listening.

Guest Parker

Thanks for all of your advice. I just don't want to wait too long and then ask him to redo it...I don't want him thinking that I tried to mess with it or fix it myself. Another problem is that I had to drive like 45 minutes to the guy's house and really don't want to have to do that again in a gas-guzzling truck. Mainly though I just don't want to be that pain-in-the-ass customer. I would let it go, but the bubbles are visible from several feet away.

Thanks for all of your advice. I just don't want to wait too long and then ask him to redo it...I don't want him thinking that I tried to mess with it or fix it myself. Another problem is that I had to drive like 45 minutes to the guy's house and really don't want to have to do that again in a gas-guzzling truck. Mainly though I just don't want to be that pain-in-the-ass customer. I would let it go, but the bubbles are visible from several feet away.

Several feet away? If thats the case, call him. Although you should get some pics on here and we could save you a trip. Surely someone you know has a digital camera.

yep... contamination :thumb and a redo. it wasn't that long ago I was ripping tint back of during install because I was new and fighting that. and I was working in my home garage. its a redo if that's the case. and if he's particular about his work, he already knows it's there :olfa

Guest Parker

That's what I was worried about. I just hope I don't insult him by asking him to redo it. Plus since he does it at home I have to sit there while he does it! I'm sure that will be awkward. Thanks for all the input.

Archived