Busted for 5% in AZ

Guest hometheaterman
5% is way to dark ...period.
To me if anything 5% is too light by it self. You can still see in it on the front windows where the windshield lets in soo much light you just have to look hard. To me anything much lighter than 5% is a waste unless you go with a really light tint for just heat rejection.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nc_wlch
To me if anything 5% is too light by it self. You can still see in it on the front windows where the windshield lets in soo much light you just have to look hard. To me anything much lighter than 5% is a waste unless you go with a really light tint for just heat rejection.

I'm sorry, but true 5% should be nowhere on an auto driven on public roads. its dangerous at best, and downright reckless at worst. sorry, thats just my opinion, but I bet others here will back me up.

Guest filmslayer

I'm sorry, but true 5% should be nowhere on an auto driven on public roads. its dangerous at best, and downright reckless at worst. sorry, thats just my opinion, but I bet others here will back me up.

:tantrum

I'm seeing alot of 5%(limo) on vehicles....a couple months back I saw a recent model Cadillac Escalade with Limo all the way around....yes, 5% on winsheild. I walked pass it and tried looking in and couldn't. Since I've been tinting, Im over limo and thinking that darker the tint the better. There's other ways to enhance the exterior of a car...paint, wheel, ect.

Guest hometheaterman

Please explain to me how it's dangerous? I hear people say oh you can't see out of it but in all honesty if you can't see out of it maybe something is wrong as I didn't really have trouble seeing out of mine. Sure at night it's dark but you can still see out and during the daytime it's not dark looking at all. I just don't get how it's dangerous.

During the day I could always see out of 5%, but at night time in neighborhoods and other poorly lit streets I have to roll my windows down. So, to be safe you have roll windows down to make sure it clear....that could be alright for us cause we tint and are aware of the saftey issue, but when you tint a custy car in 5%, you're trusting they'l ldo the same for 2-15 years they own the vehicle. If they don't, they'll run down someone or pull out infront of someone and get t-boned.

I look at it like this: We have enough pressure from state laws to use light film. Putting limo on cars is just going to eventually lead to law makers outlawing tint on front doors altogether. Stick to the legal limit, and show everyone that this industry is no longer a bunch of crack heads or punk kids. We owe the industry that pays our bills at least that much...

:mad

Guest Sprinter

sorry no backup here, 5% is just fine on the rears and over privacy glass, I suggest on large suv's to put 15-20% on the rear window, but the dark look is in. Hey everyone wants it like they see it on the tv commercials maybe the industry should sue them for false advertisement, then all they would have to do is pay the guy or girl driving the car because we can see their face.

once again car manufactuers screwing our industry, hey where's big brother in that White House saying hey that's !llegal they can't do that...............

Guest chriscoon

We don't just tint it dark to reflect heat. Just like I sure in the heck don't speed to get somewhere quicker. I speed for the enjoyment and I tint mine dark for the privacy and to block the bright sun. You can argue the ceremic thing, but that stuff is OVER RATED. Here in Phoenix, things still get hot. I run ATR 15 %around the car and then have another layer of crystaline 50 over that including the windshield. Couple of the best films and it still gets hot here. Our legal here is 35% on the front 2, which I might do when I'm 85 and can't see. These laws on the tint is completely unreasonable, a 15% would be completely acceptable. (However 5% is just stupid). the laws are written by older people that have already lost their vision and because a couple of cops got shot out of a cracked window. A couple people screwed things up for everyone else, which is what happens in a monarcy. So not all people that black out their windows are punks so they can smoke dope in the car. Some of us are family people that own a business and do what we because we like it, I have a issue with listening to a group of dictators (congress, governors, etc.) telling me what is best for me. So please can we stop all this tinting !llegal = the devil, going to hell crap. It gets old

Archived