Black out film

why on earth would you ever pull a gasket? They can break or tear and you would probably spend more time fooling with them than silicone. We always do the silicone method, takes about sixty seconds a large window! I buy the small tubes at the hardware store so its easy to keep in the tool box and dosnt reqiure a gun.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintslut

WHY bother with a gasket? Think of all the dirt that lies beneath, that YOU WOULD NEVER be able TO REMOVE. Rubber gasket is cheap, comes in 100 foot rolls,

and is readily available. It it takes more than 2 minutes to remove and replace

the side and bottom gaskets , your doing something wrong.

Try installing a 15 mil precut film, and get it close to the gasket, it will

look like :shock next to a job where we have removed and replaced gaskets.

ITs too funnny how people here remove door panels from cars for tint,or remove

rear qtr windows form the new accord, but think removing a rubber gasket is voo-doo. Sounds like a typical tinter attitude, that has never done any real glass work.

Guest skeeter
:shock I just recently won a $3750 job where the sole issue was gasket pulling. The competitor was $750 cheaper and was going with a 5 way. I on the other hand agreed to pull gaskets. Better results, little difference in completion time. It can be the way to go. 2 day job either way.

Guest 67camaro02
what about just cutting the gasket out like on a 1/4 window? theres plenty of it left in there?

:spit:DD

I know that I am not as knowledgeable as a lot of you folks in here, but those are tow very different animals. The rubber gaskets in flat glass (the few jobs I've done) are totally different.

Pulling the gaskets is the only way to go. :spit It takes nothing to remove them, and they are simple to put back in. Makes for a super clean job too. I would think the silicone would also make for a nice clean install, but that it would p1ss some folks off when they notice, pluse what it the gasket has to be replaced. then all of a sudden the job looks like sh!t and the customer is pissed.

just my $.02

Guest tintslut

if you have a lotta windows, pull rubbers tint em all, the put in the rubbers you pulled first. If its a few windows, then card out the edges with a paper towel,

and reinstall. AND dont try this on a windy day! without equal pressure on both sides of the window, the wind will just whistle thru glaing unit.

Archived