The Lexus IS series w/ tweeters

ljr1977

I had tinted a IS yesterday and was explained that there was trouble with clearance when removing panels off this car, something about the inside door handle. I read that it easly broke when removing the door panels and had thoght about not removing them. the first two I did I never did any thing but rinse the film on both sides rinsing and trash of the film and rolled it in a funnel/cone shade. I unrolled the funnel as I rolled the window up this worked great even with the tweeter in place.....

I still wanted to have a little more room to work behind the tweeter and this is how I managed it. I cut a wedge out of mdf and rounded all my edges of the mdf. and wegded it into place, I had alot more clearance and it gave me plenty of room to do the funnel rol like I did before..

IMAGE_909.jpg

IMAGE_906.jpg

IMAGE_907.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy

this is great idea. but.....although what u read about the panel removal may be true....these door panels are soooo easy to remove. once u drop one, the rest are so easy its stupid. its just worth removing the panels. I would compare removing these panels the the same as an a camry or carolla.

I will take that advice snappy you got my respect, I'll remove the next one I do and repost the results..

sometimes it just takes 5 minutes some time it takes 10...lol

I geuss on a slow day I will remove the panels, but if im slammed ill use the tool...

Guest thatsnappyguy
same to be said about every single car I tint. but for some reason people dont remove all of them, or at least take out the rubbers. you can easily just pull the rubbers on an IS if you want, also a camry

I dont remove every door panel on every car. most vehicles I have done so many times that I can get the same results in half the time without removing the panel.

Archived