when is it right to stand on top of a trunk?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude its normally only 4 12 or 13mm Bolts that remove a boot lid! I have takin a few off in the past cause they were in the way.

WOW..I assume when you say "boot lid" your talking of the truck lid that you removed..thats a smart move..thats one thing ive never done or standing on a car for that matter...but im 6ft2 so have no trouble with wide back glass's or big windows for that matter..

Guest Sarah

Thats too funny......But I could pull that one off... I'm small enough........but still thats priceless...thank god he took off his shoes but not sure of the smell he might have had........ :dunno

Guest scottydosnntkno
Dude its normally only 4 12 or 13mm Bolts that remove a boot lid! I have takin a few off in the past cause they were in the way.

some cars might not be that easy, especially a car from Unique. There might be some electronics in the lid that would make it hard to remove. On my personal car, theres a wire ran for my remote/alarm trunk pop, power and ground for my reverse camera and signal for my reverse camera. To remove the lid you would have to take off all the outer panels and then remove all the electronics. Knowing unique I wouldn't be surprised if they put some sort of electronics in the lid based on what they do to the rest of the car.

some cars might not be that easy, especially a car from Unique. There might be some electronics in the lid that would make it hard to remove. On my personal car, theres a wire ran for my remote/alarm trunk pop, power and ground for my reverse camera and signal for my reverse camera. To remove the lid you would have to take off all the outer panels and then remove all the electronics. Knowing unique I wouldn't be surprised if they put some sort of electronics in the lid based on what they do to the rest of the car.

b~s

scotty..does not know

Guest scottydosnntkno

b~s

scotty..does not know

okay so I don't have that stuff on my car. and 300's with the backup camera don't have the wires that run to the trunk lid either. neither do the cadillac DTS's :dunno

I didn't say all cars, I just said some cars are not that easy to just pop the lid off.

b~s

scotty..does not know

okay so I don't have that stuff on my car. and 300's with the backup camera don't have the wires that run to the trunk lid either. neither do the cadillac DTS's :spit

I didn't say all cars, I just said some cars are not that easy to just pop the lid off.

well I geuss thats a pic of a dts...I wacthed the episode even got the pic off my plasma tv NO none of that on this one!

for the ones that do I guess you never heard of a butt connector? they are found in radio shops they will be used to crimp wires together

Guest scottydosnntkno

b~s

scotty..does not know

okay so I don't have that stuff on my car. and 300's with the backup camera don't have the wires that run to the trunk lid either. neither do the cadillac DTS's :spit

well I geuss thats a pic of a dts...I wacthed the episode even got the pic off my plasma tv NO none of that on this one!

for the ones that do I guess you never heard of a butt connector? they are found in radio shops they will be used to crimp wires together

so you would cut the wires on a customers car to remove the trunklid and then put a butt connector on to put it back together? :beer You can't just put a butt connector on a RCA signal wire from a camera or a trunk pop lid which has 3 sepparate wires in it

Archived