Astronomy Picture of the Day

Guest darkdan

OMG, I'm two minutes into this video and I don't think I can make it through it.

#1 Science is all wrong

#2 It critizes there are 50 different theories....well there's 1500 different kinds of Christianity. There's thousands of religions out there. What makes [insert whatever here] more "true" than any other one besides the fact you believe it is?

#3 It already has the big bang wrong.

a.) Big bang theory doesn't say there was nothing, it says it started with a singularity

b.) Big bang doesn't say there was an explosion, it says a a rapid expansion of space time.

Although you might think he loses some credibility and maybe won't like his ideas: http://brainmind.com/

He believes in panspermia, which I agree isn't out of the question, but I don't believe in it. He believes 4 billion years ago a sun somewhere exploded, destroying the neighboring planets, and flung life all around and that's how we got here. He appears to be a brilliant neuropsychologist, but his Ph.D. is not in biology, physics, astronomy, or cosmology.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like DD's rebutles. For myself, I'm what Christians would call lost. I dont know what to believe as far as what is true or not. I will say however, if God did make our galaxy and others, my question is why? Are we the only ones? If we are, why make any other galaxies? Why not just have our solar system and thats it? Did he want us to look up at night and question whether or not he made this\us when we look at the stars? I'm confused, and I hate admitting it, b/c if there is a God, and Im not a believer, I dont get any after death benefits. If there isn't a God, and I believe in him, I suppose no harm no foul. But science sure is convincing for me b/c proof can be shown, whereas God must be believed.

I do go to church with my wife and kids, and this will sound bad, but I only go b/c it is important to my wife that my kids believe in God. Im just being honest.

Guest oasisglatint
I like DD's rebutles. For myself, I'm what Christians would call lost. I dont know what to believe as far as what is true or not. I will say however, if God did make our galaxy and others, my question is why? Are we the only ones? If we are, why make any other galaxies? Why not just have our solar system and thats it? Did he want us to look up at night and question whether or not he made this\us when we look at the stars? I'm confused, and I hate admitting it, b/c if there is a God, and Im not a believer, I dont get any after death benefits. If there isn't a God, and I believe in him, I suppose no harm no foul. But science sure is convincing for me b/c proof can be shown, whereas God must be believed.

:beer Junkie,

I think you and I are in the same boat.

Too much "to take at face value" for me. I personally believe, when we're dead....... we're dead! No more, no less. No big picture, no everlasting eternity, just........... plant food.

I'm ok with that. I don't need some "greater life" carrot dangling out there to make me feel "PRETTY" about the crapbag we live in.

No infalible father figure for me! It is what it is :lol2

Sounds kinda harsh...... even to me looking at it on my screen..... but that's where I'm at.

Now.....

If you do believe, and you need it / or it helps........ don't let go, more power to you! I would never "JUDGE" you for thinking differently than me, or even try to plead my case. I just don't share the belief's.

:ditto

Archived