Express Window Films

Guest Crackz

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Old Dude
Do you guys have any trouble shrinking this film? I would love to use it just keep getting peanuts trie low heat but wouldnt hardley shrink film.

We have had this problem too. Also, it seems that the doors keep getting fingers at the bottom too. I love the look, feel, and esp. the price. But I can't handle peanuts/maggots/whatever they are called on the defrost lines and the fingers.

Howard is still amazing and the service was still great though. :cool

I'll second that! The few applications I've had has been on trucks. Side windows I have to let dry a bit then card the bottom edge because of "wanna be" fingers on bottom edge. I ain't lookin' foward to doing a hard to reach back glass and this same thing happen. Other than this the film works great and looks good. But..... hard to lay fingers = contamination. Contamination = I look bad = no customers = I should've stuck with a little more expensive film = lesson learned!

Guest miner-dma
Do you guys have any trouble shrinking this film? I would love to use it just keep getting peanuts trie low heat but wouldnt hardley shrink film.

We have had this problem too. Also, it seems that the doors keep getting fingers at the bottom too. I love the look, feel, and esp. the price. But I can't handle peanuts/maggots/whatever they are called on the defrost lines and the fingers.

Howard is still amazing and the service was still great though. :DD

I'll second that! The few applications I've had has been on trucks. Side windows I have to let dry a bit then card the bottom edge because of "wanna be" fingers on bottom edge. I ain't lookin' foward to doing a hard to reach back glass and this same thing happen. Other than this the film works great and looks good. But..... hard to lay fingers = contamination. Contamination = I look bad = no customers = I should've stuck with a little more expensive film = lesson learned!

maybe I just got a good roll of true black, I have done 6 cars with it and have had no problems. one of the cars was my own because I wanted to see how it would look after it was all nice and dried up .. looks great... :dunno

Guest Old Dude

I just started pulling off a roll of "40 (factory edges to the side) on roll ups and don't get fingers at the bottom now. If you plan on using this film you'd better keep the bay clean cause it will show any contamination due to the black color.

I just started pulling off a roll of "40 (factory edges to the side) on roll ups and don't get fingers at the bottom now. If you plan on using this film you'd better keep the bay clean cause it will show any contamination due to the black color.

I haven't had any issues with it. A very easy to release liner. And nice thickness and color. Thanks Howard :spit

Anybody else having the finger issues ?

Yesterday I tinted an Acura TL (09) with True Black 35% for a local dealership, Looked great, no fingers. Who knew? :lol

Okay, now I have had the chance to use it on several cars. Seems to me that is does have finger problems and doesn't hide dirt specs like VT Sirius I.

Final Verdict - Overall an "OK" film for use on trucks maybe. Cars no. Too many issues from peanuts to showing of dirt specs too easily. Release liner feels a bit "rubbery: too. Like the price but that's about it.

Sorry Howard I just don't like it.

It and the True Smoke seem to have the same issues I found :lol6 I thought they'd be good for low level entry films but the hassles aren't worth it, I got 'used' to dealing with the issues, but it's a pain in the butt. Just not worth it in my opinion. Their Classic Charcoal 1.2 on the other hand... really nice film.

Archived