Express Window Films

Guest Crackz

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
when we used the true smoke we used 1 ply on rear and 2 ply on the sides

Why was that? Better adhesive on the 1 ply? My biggest problem with the True Smoke was fingers, everything, even doors, had to be shrunk perfectly or you were fighting with it. I also seemed to have issues with peanuts sometimes :twocents Which I never really do with anything else, couldn't figure it out.

Guest Crackz

not not better adhesive but the thinner the film the less peanuts and shrink marks you get in the rear glass thats any film....as far as shrinking the doors you need to shrink them well or you will get fingers again with any film but the snap works the best on the express in my opinion

not not better adhesive but the thinner the film the less peanuts and shrink marks you get in the rear glass thats any film....as far as shrinking the doors you need to shrink them well or you will get fingers again with any film but the snap works the best on the express in my opinion

Interesting. Thanks. I don't plan on ever getting more of it anyway though. I'd just rather pay more and like working with the stuff.

Gents,

There were several posts regarding poor initial tack on the True Black. After a great deal of research and testing, I found myself in agreement. A change was implemented over a month ago.

Short term peel strength is now 60% higher, which has completely eliminated the puckers (that’s what the lab guys call them). You guys call them something else. They are caused by the memory effect in the base polyester and are overcome with quicker initial tack. As technical challenges go, this was an easy one to overcome.

For those of you that took True Black out on a first date and did not fall in love, please give it another chance. Some of my most demanding customers are now raving about the film.

I have 10 sample rolls set aside of the new construction. PM or email me if you would like one. First come, first served. It’s a strikingly beautiful film that has been improved as a result of customer feedback.

I listen.

THANKS TINTDUDE !!!

-Howard

Gents,

There were several posts regarding poor initial tack on the True Black. After a great deal of research and testing, I found myself in agreement. A change was implemented over a month ago.

Short term peel strength is now 60% higher, which has completely eliminated the puckers (that’s what the lab guys call them). You guys call them something else. They are caused by the memory effect in the base polyester and are overcome with quicker initial tack. As technical challenges go, this was an easy one to overcome.

For those of you that took True Black out on a first date and did not fall in love, please give it another chance. Some of my most demanding customers are now raving about the film.

I have 10 sample rolls set aside of the new construction. PM or email me if you would like one. First come, first served. It’s a strikingly beautiful film that has been improved as a result of customer feedback.

I listen.

THANKS TINTDUDE !!!

-Howard

Interesting. I got my hands on some of your film through a relative of mine up here who orders from you now, and we both had similar opinions. I can't wait to try some of the new stuff then. From everything I've read posted by you on here to first hand opinions, you're a stand up guy Howard and your customer service is great.

Archived