Express Window Films

Guest Crackz

Mine just showed up today as well...

Thanks EWF! :bingo

I'm still waiting on my "sample roll". I never received it. :thumb

Would like to try it out again but I think I've been "dissed" :hmmm

I just got a pm today that said these samples get shipped out in batches of 10.

So I apologize for implying that I have been "dissed". Just anxious to try it out. :hmmm

I would like to know how it shrinks up. The last batch got "peanuts" in the back glass on the defrost wires. That slows me way down so I decided to pass on this particular film.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Old Dude

Thanks EWF! :lol

Would like to try it out again but I think I've been "dissed" :lol

So I apologize for implying that I have been "dissed". Just anxious to try it out. :lol

I would like to know how it shrinks up. The last batch got "peanuts" in the back glass on the defrost wires. That slows me way down so I decided to pass on this particular film.

Shrinks as good as others on back glass's. I use a "less" hands on approach with it ( I kinda let it shrink itself ). I tend to have more of a prob. with fingers on side windows. Nice film, looks good. Still exploring other options. But I do think a lot of installers would like this film. I would also like to know if anyone has a comparison between the True Blk and the original Sirius fron VT as far as tack and workability.

Guest Djkyle65

So I apologize for implying that I have been "dissed". Just anxious to try it out. :lol

Shrinks as good as others on back glass's. I use a "less" hands on approach with it ( I kinda let it shrink itself ). I tend to have more of a prob. with fingers on side windows. Nice film, looks good. Still exploring other options. But I do think a lot of installers would like this film. I would also like to know if anyone has a comparison between the True Blk and the original Sirius fron VT as far as tack and workability.

Yeah same here , still trying do decide between the true black and the sirus line would love to hear opinions on this

Guest scottydosnntkno

I don't remember a whole lot from my Sirius I I had, since it was like 8 months ago now. However, the new True Black is an awesome film. It has good color, and works very easily. Still haven't had a chance to shrink a back glass with it, but maybe in a few weeks I'll order a 40 and see how it is. For now though, it tacks up pretty nicely, and works well without creasing.

I'd say its more comparable to Sirius II, without the crazy brown/dark look. Its very neutral grey from the inside

Gents,

The remaining TB roll requests have been picked up.

The final batch included: Wetint/Chase/Raphael/Jack Z/Custom-Simsbury among others. We do them in lots of 10.

Thanks to everyone who agreed to a second date with TB.

Happy 4th of July to all !

-Howard

Guest Statewide_Audio

After lots of debate and being out of the tint thang for a little while I just went all in on a 40" roll of true black, can't wait to see the shrink side of things

Guest scottydosnntkno
After lots of debate and being out of the tint thang for a little while I just went all in on a 40" roll of true black, can't wait to see the shrink side of things

I just picked up my first 40 of it, and am going to be trying it out tomorrow hopefully.

Guest scottydosnntkno

Well, after using the new True Black for shrinking, it gets a A+ in my book. beer.gif

I LOVE the liner when shrinking, the way its super slippery so nothing gets stuck. with QDP, whereever you just heated the ove glove/felted card would sometimes get stuck and caught up, but not with TB. It just slides right over like its on teflon. I love it.

Plus, shrink wise its pretty good, and takes a lot of heat. Granted it was just a easy fusion back glass, but still it layed down pretty good. Plus, it seemed to take a lot of heat without any issues. There were a few spots I deliberately gave a little more heat than normal to see what would happen. It took it like a champ. This is the first time I've had a useable, installable shrink out of my first piece of a particular film. Maybe since its not a huge switch from the QDP, but has better qualities(the liner).

I'm definately going to start incorporating this film into my repertoire. Its priced right, works easily and installs great. No fingers or anything on the back glass popped up, and with glue on the dots it layed up perfectly.

I also like their warranty cards, no lines and lines of info and roll numbers to fill out. Just 4 digits from your dealer order number, and thats it. Plus, it hangs on the mirror. Nice n simple, how it should be.

Overall, howard is awesome and has a great product.

Archived