trying to prove a point

Guest Total tint

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oasisglatint
yea heres the situation, did a tahoe sat guy comes back raising hell cause in the top corner is 2 specks cant see them unless u are looking dead a it up close and you litteraly have to be on a stoll so you can get eye level I told him no way in hell I was goin to redo it, so I told him to come on here and see for his self

Whenever I have a custy like this, I explain the process THOROUGHLY!!!

I tellem a speck or two here or there is inevitable. I will show them my vehicle( I left 2 specs intentionally :dunno ) in the driver door. Very small, out of the way.

I will then let them know the only way to get a job 1000%( and use that number instead of 100) :cool is to install a down draft like in paint boothes. I will gladly do that if you are willing to THEN PAY what I need to cover the expense :lol .......... not gonna happen!

That usually gets the job done :beer

:lol

Even if you did it in a paint booth...you can still get trash in the film. A lot of the reason trash gets in the film is because WE are handling the film from one place to the window. All that movement stirs up dust, debris, etc. Our clothes absorb so much junk from walking around, so whenever we move, it could transfer to the film. I would just tell him you refuse to work n@ked!

Guest Jerry250f

I get a speck here and there nothing major. It all depends on how well the car was kept. If they dont keep it clean then they'll have a hard time getting a clean job. I can usually do a very clean job but if I get contamination it seems to be the driver door more then anything else.

clean car, it use 3/4 gallon of water, a good flushing. back glass maybe a pint :beer

old dirty and nasty car and trucks I will flush the :spit out if it, maybe 1 1/2 to 2 gallons, back glass some times 1/2 gallon.

thay won,t mind, :cool:lol2:cool I might throw a blanket in the trunk if the car is in good shap. :lol2 tuttle

yes

slick is right.....

everyone can get lucky once in a while and do a perfect window. I've done it and I know several who have. it's just not something that should be expected with every install......but I does happen.

:beer

I dont have a God complex or anything. I have rarely done it..and I do mean RARELY :lol2 BUT I have done it. And when you explain the situation, I agree with Blade again...lol. I would show the dude the door.... and on his way out I would ask him if he noticed the paint imperfections on the passengers side. That should drive him nuts lookin. :cool You are never going to please 100% of your customers no matter what you do. :spit

Guest tint51
Even if you did it in a paint booth...you can still get trash in the film. A lot of the reason trash gets in the film is because WE are handling the film from one place to the window. All that movement stirs up dust, debris, etc. Our clothes absorb so much junk from walking around, so whenever we move, it could transfer to the film. I would just tell him you refuse to work n@ked!

I used to work in a class 10 cleanroom environment.. Even with filters and bunny suits you still get crap from your skin.. You should see the crap that comes off you body..,eye lashes, nose hairs etc...

Archived