Post your rent

We can fit 6 cars in the shop and the office / school area is about the same size. I need to move to Houston (if I didn’t love the rain :beer here in Portland) my taxes went up a couple hun a month this year. Got to love triple net with your rent. Business is picking up, lots of first time customers tell me their “regular” shop is gone. Tuff year for most of us :beer

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is triple net? Is this just another way to screw people trying to make a living.

In Houston, the most Ive seen for ppsf is $2 for a "warehouse" style shop. Some are on major roads, and very nice shops, and very affordable. Im a cheap ass. I have a tiny shop, tiny house, and drive a birth control...sorry, an Escape.

What is triple net? Is this just another way to screw people trying to make a living.

In Houston, the most Ive seen for ppsf is $2 for a "warehouse" style shop. Some are on major roads, and very nice shops, and very affordable. Im a cheap ass. I have a tiny shop, tiny house, and drive a birth control...sorry, an Escape.

Man TintJunkie sometimes I think you are doing better than having the overhead of a big shop! :beer Work your way up to a bigger house with a shop area and relax and tint windows. :lol Triple net is taxes, repairs and rent. So like this winter when the roof was leaking next to my Rolland 540 I had to pay to have it fixed. Heat or air go out…. Yup my responsibility! I drive a 12 year old van with around 200,000 miles on it while I pay enough “rent” to buy a new van ever few months for cash! When I had a small shop and tinted all the cars myself I drove a new truck all the time! I’ll use the word I used on one of Leo’s threads last week----- it’s a conundrum

Stan

### we cant rent dirt for that here! :beer

It kinda washes the landlords hands of any lean that might occur towards that spot due to failure to pay taxes, Prop maint fees or any repairs needed on the building. Its a sh!tty thing for renters but a very wise way to clear yourself if your the land pimp. Its becoming more common than not around my area.

Man TintJunkie sometimes I think you are doing better than having the overhead of a big shop! :shock Work your way up to a bigger house with a shop area and relax and tint windows. :spit Triple net is taxes, repairs and rent. So like this winter when the roof was leaking next to my Rolland 540 I had to pay to have it fixed. Heat or air go out…. Yup my responsibility! I drive a 12 year old van with around 200,000 miles on it while I pay enough “rent” to buy a new van ever few months for cash! When I had a small shop and tinted all the cars myself I drove a new truck all the time! I’ll use the word I used on one of Leo’s threads last week----- it’s a conundrum

Stan

### we cant rent dirt for that here! :spit

I dont want a shop next to my house to tint cars. I have a problem with my custy's knowing where I live. I would like to build a house at some point, in the next 5 years or so. That triple net sucks. My landlord has to pay for all expenses (insurance, maintenance) at our complex. Of course, my rent goes up every year.

We can fit 6 cars in the shop and the office / school area is about the same size. I need to move to Houston (if I didn’t love the rain :shock here in Portland) my taxes went up a couple hun a month this year. Got to love triple net with your rent. Business is picking up, lots of first time customers tell me their “regular” shop is gone. Tuff year for most of us :spit

I should get with you about training for water leak repair....$$$$

Guest Total tint
I have a small shop that isnt on a major road, and is only 20'x20' with a/c. I pay $190/month for it. It is a little small, and later this year I am looking to kick another guy in my complex out for his 1500sq ft with an office (should things go well) for $675/month. His shop has 2 bays, which gives me room to do automotive and store a van I hope to purchase this year. So what do you pay.

BTW, if you break it down by ppsf, mine is 47.5 cents a sq ft.

just for sh!ts...what do you think about this being my installation vehicle...I think its kinda cool.... http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1031382725.html

I don't pay rent, we own our place.

On hwy. 17, main thoroughfare through here. Thousands of vehicles a day pass..

I have a 1968 Chevy Van 90 out back, that looks a lot like that Ford you're looking at, I use it as a storage shed... :cool

Shady you got some serious equity on market street, That area is growing, imange what it will be 5 years from now

Archived