Illinois Tint Law

oldtinter

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus here, he did alot of work on this also, more than he's getting credit for. Without his cars, and his"people" getting his cars to the demos, who knows what would have happened. :nope Not to mention all the other stuff. Might as well mention most of the people I knew that worked hard on this, because people read this stuff and will crucify me if I don't mention their names :lol2 ..... Suzi Bassi my state rep,and her great staff... Matt Murphy, Senate sponsor, also from my town, Tony Zak(rep), Kassie Whooten (more than likely misspelled...again)(lawyer) and Sal Abatte(GM) from CP/Llumar, Scott fom midco tint in Chicago, Steve Williams, Lynwood Buttner(IWFA) and the most important people...Darrin Clark and Tim Becker from the Illinois State Police who went through unbelievable amount of crap to support us and this bill. An amazing effort from all of the above. :D

Guest exploreco

I just wanted to extend my THANKS to all of you on here who have worked so hard over the last serveral months to get our law changed to be more in line with other states. I am just a consumer who has been following the forums for the past few months patiently waiting and because of all of you, we can now have 35% on the entire car, which is awesome. Hell, 50% would have been ok too. I travel to Iowa alot because of family, and having tint on the front doors now when snow is on the ground will help so much.

Let's just hope everyone will keep things legal!

Might wait a couple of weeks until I get re tinted though. Let the cops absorb the new change :nope

Thanks again :D

So I am reading the new law, which our local state officer dropped off, and I have some questions...does this law make it illegal for a shop to tint the car or for the owner of the car to drive it with illegally tinted windows?

I am asking because I am confused and I want to explain it the best I can to my customers, if someone wants 15% all the way around on their car is it illegal for me as a tinter to do it? Or just for that person who owns the vehicle to operate it?

So I am reading the new law, which our local state officer dropped off, and I have some questions...does this law make it illegal for a shop to tint the car or for the owner of the car to drive it with illegally tinted windows?

I am asking because I am confused and I want to explain it the best I can to my customers, if someone wants 15% all the way around on their car is it illegal for me as a tinter to do it? Or just for that person who owns the vehicle to operate it?

I know for certain that the one bill passed that will make it Illegal for us to put the tint on as of Jan 01, 2010. The one that just passed and is effective now is to allow us to put tint on the cars....35% and 35% or 30 and 50 or 50 on the front of MPV's with FACTORY tinted rears

I know for certain that the one bill passed that will make it Illegal for us to put the tint on as of Jan 01, 2010. The one that just passed and is effective now is to allow us to put tint on the cars....35% and 35% or 30 and 50 or 50 on the front of MPV's with FACTORY tinted rears

ah okay, do you have the law # or copy of it? Thanks and get back to work!

Don't mean to sound like an azz, but why in the hell would you want to tint 15% all around for some idiot? Mentality like that from shops around the state and I can pretty much guarantee a fast trip back to the "good ole days" of nothing but hoopties and limo tint and no front doors. Unreal. For the first time ever you can tint the front doors legally in Illinois after much hard work, and it's still not enough for some people. Beyond ridiculous!

Archived