The tint guy gave me 20% and told me it was legal

Guest Erika

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Erika

I put all of the information about the shop in one of my posts in this thread. It's called Discount Car Stereo... crap come to think about it, the name says it all.

Anyway, I got to reading about removing the tint and I'm actually a little afraid to ask this shop to remove my tint AND give me my money back. I mean, if I go in there and tick them off then they might ruin my windows or my defrost lines on purpose. I really don't know what to do :(

Oh and just to add to the crap that they did, they didn't put my inside door panel all the way back on and they cut some of the rubber that rests up against the glass. I'm going to go raise hell tomorrow!!!

I know you guys don't like seeing ugly customers but I think by this point, I have the right lol.

I just don't know how I should go about getting them to give me my money back and take the tint off without F***ing up my car

They took your door panels off :dunno thats weird on a 99 Accord :DD go figure.

The tint is still pretty fresh, the adhesive should not be to bad and it was not very hot here until today.... all that being said, it should come off pretty easy. But I have no idea what kind of film they use or how aggressive the adhesive might be. I am thinking probably not a real top brand so you should be OK there as well.

I think it's pretty simple...

' This tint job looks terrible... it's not legal, you didn't put my door panel on correctly, you cut the rubbers up on my windows... I expect you to install my door panel correctly, remove this terrible looking tint job, and refund my money complete... or my first call of many will be to the police department regarding you selling and installing !llegal window tinting'

That might be a direction I would go if they don't immediately agree to take care of you...

but I would imagine as soon as you start pointing out the bad spots in the film and the panel, etc they will be more than eager to give you what you want... :dunno

Guest Erika

Thank you for the advice, I'm going to head up there tomorrow and I'll tell them just like you told me. I figured that I would say something along those lines lol.

And thank you Texastintchick, I look forward to meeting you too.

I'll post here tomorrow and let you all know what happens when I go up there.

Wow that is a horrendous job!!! I don't even know how you can crease something that badly lol. Yeah, Erika. You should raise hell. I don't blame you. So let's see they used a garbage film. Told you it was legal when in fact it wasn't. Messed up your door panel. And cut the rubber. Oh and did an install that my 7 year old could have done. I'd be furious. This is what makes me mad. Shops out there that can do this to customers. Brings down the industry. Unfortunately in this business the "You get what you pay for" theory is usually true. I see people advertise $80 any car. The results are what you have on your car. I hope you get it all worked out. And I can't wait to hear when you get it professionally done!

Thanks Jeff.

They didn't do a good job. Here are some photos of my car and my tint. You can see some water spots from my washing the car yesterday but you can clearly see the bubbles on the tint and how they differ from the water spots.

car.jpg

backdoor-1.jpg

windowedge.jpg

rearwindow2.jpg

rearwindow.jpg

OMG...I would of never thought it would of been this bad! I feel for the troubles and wish you the best, tyhis has to be removed and as far as your money goes "FULL REFUND" here in jax they have a news reporter (ken omaro) that handle bad cases like this..he does all the leg work of getting things right...I would metion talking to the news and the cops for that matter.....

Thanks Jeff.

They didn't do a good job. Here are some photos of my car and my tint. You can see some water spots from my washing the car yesterday but you can clearly see the bubbles on the tint and how they differ from the water spots.

car.jpg

backdoor-1.jpg

windowedge.jpg

rearwindow2.jpg

rearwindow.jpg

Holy chit :dunno I was thinking the first pic didn't look too bad other than an awful blue looking film, then I scrolled down :DD how in the world did they crease the film that bad and why is it still on your window? Id definately want my money back, id be pissed if I paid $80 for that...Some of those bubbles could be fixed but at this point I would go to the paladins.

Archived