The tint guy gave me 20% and told me it was legal

Guest Erika

Guest Erika

Yeah they didn't give me a warranty card. I didn't think about it at the time. I do have my receipt though.

I think that the guy will give me my money back but I'll find out tomorrow.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to go to work today so I don't have time to stop by there but I did call and spoke to Ray. I told him that I want my money back and that I don't want them to redo my tint. He said that he will speak with his boss and find out if he can give me the money back. I remained somewhat nice to him over the phone but when I show up tomorrow, I'll be expecting to get my money back or I'm calling the cops. He has no idea what is in store for him lol

honestly its a civil manner so dont get your hope's up but calling the cops ! take your warranty card and call the dist. tell them watz goin on .

iv delt with this first hand when a speed shop in j ville got me on a block .

if they dident give you a warranty card demand one :spit

sounds like fox engines of jax,lol.. got you to,,got me for a crank in 2000

Guest Erika

I've been really sick for the past week so I didn't get anything done but now that I felt better today, I called Ray and spoke to him. He said that he spoke to his boss and they are willing to redo the tint but they won't give me my money back. I'm so pissed off. I'm still not feeling well enough to yell at the guy but I don't know what to do now. I don't want to just p1ss 135.00 out the window.

I've been really sick for the past week so I didn't get anything done but now that I felt better today, I called Ray and spoke to him. He said that he spoke to his boss and they are willing to redo the tint but they won't give me my money back. I'm so pissed off. I'm still not feeling well enough to yell at the guy but I don't know what to do now. I don't want to just p1ss 135.00 out the window.

I wouldn't give them any more chances. If they don't tell you what you want to hear then just threaten going to the media. They know they did a terrible job. I see that they charged you tax. Here in Texas we pay tax on the material so there shouldn't be any tax added on the customer. If the job was 125 then that's what you pay.

Guest Erika

Damn they really screwed me huh.

I called back and actually raised my voice with him. I said that I was trying my best to handle it calmly but quite frankly that I was pissed off. I told him that I was going to call the police and the local news and he said that if I was going to threaten him that he didn't want to talk to me. I should have recorded that conversation, I bitched him out really good. I still don't feel any better. I told him that I didn't trust his shop to redo my tint or to even take it off because they might ruin my rear defrost and he told me that any time you take tint off it ruins the rear defrost WTF.... he's so full of it.

I also told him that he lied to my face and put !llegal tint on my car and he said "well the cop told me that 20% was legal" and I told him that it was his responsibility to read the laws for himself and not rely on what others tell him... that is irresponsible of him.

I just want to punch him in the face... that would make me feel better.

It really sux this happened to you, but this industry is jut like any other you really gotta research before you buy. Because so much of window film application is up to the skill of the installer, you gotta check out reputations.

Archived