The tint guy gave me 20% and told me it was legal

Guest Erika

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Erika

well it's been about 5 days since the tint was done and I'm still seeing a few bubbles. I will wait a little longer to see is those go away. I haven't called and had it measured yet, I've been sick but I'll get that done soon.

The place that did this tint is called Discount Car Stereo and it's located on I-45 on the north side of the freeway at the Almeda exit. The phone number is 713-943-7600 and the guy that sold me the tint, the one that actually runs the shop and told me it was legal is Ray. I paid 125.00

well it's been about 5 days since the tint was done and I'm still seeing a few bubbles. I will wait a little longer to see is those go away. I haven't called and had it measured yet, I've been sick but I'll get that done soon.

The place that did this tint is called Discount Car Stereo and it's located on I-45 on the north side of the freeway at the Almeda exit. The phone number is 713-943-7600 and the guy that sold me the tint, the one that actually runs the shop and told me it was legal is Ray. I paid 125.00

After 5 days it should have cured. $125 is pretty cheap. Do you know what film (brand) they put on your car? Since you are around I45, I would recommend going to Paladin (humbletint.com). He would be closer to you than I am. Ray is Raytarded.

Guest Erika

I emailed Humble Tint today so hopefully I'll hear back pretty soon.

My question is, if I go back and tell this other place that did my tint...

1. you sold me !llegal tint, after telling me it was legal

2. you did a crap job and now there's bubbles and crinkles

3. there's no window sticker under the tint that texas law says you must have

Can I go in a say that, ask them to remove and then ask for my money back? I mean, I'm not trying to sound stupid here but you guys deal with this sort of thing or you at least know what is right and wrong. I just don't know what I am entitled to get back out of this. I hate to ask them to remove the tint and then go pay 200.00 somewhere else after I've already spent 125.00

I mean sure, 125.00 isn't that much but I don't want to just flush it down the drain either... I could put that money into the new tint job.

If you guys have any advice on how I should handle it, please let me know. I would really like to know how to approach the situation, what to say, what to ask for and what to demand.

Thank you all so much.

By the way... I'm going to post some photos in a new reply... I just have to get them off of my camera.

there is nothing wrong with you asking him to do what you want him to do. im sure you two will find a happy place in the middle? I know in my shop I get just as much $ to put tint on, than I do to take it off. there is more labor taking it off than putting it on. the just I would explain that you deffinately want the door legal, hopefully he did a good job on the rest of the car?

here in florida it is a requirment to also have a sticker to show its legal...here it doesnt have to be under the tint, but in the door jam at least. there is only a hand full of shops that even have statue stickers. I have them and only place them on the car if requested. cops here normally dont fret over the stickers and have meters to measure the shade. have seen people place stickers on !llegal tint before and get laughed at....

Guest Erika

Thanks Jeff.

They didn't do a good job. Here are some photos of my car and my tint. You can see some water spots from my washing the car yesterday but you can clearly see the bubbles on the tint and how they differ from the water spots.

car.jpg

backdoor-1.jpg

windowedge.jpg

rearwindow2.jpg

rearwindow.jpg

Archived