09 Lancer

TintWizard

I tint these in huge numbers thanks to having 4 Mitsu dealers in my network. No felt needed but you will have to remove door panels and do some minor surgery. To remove the rear panels there are 3 screws...one towards the front of the door hidden under a plastic cap, one behind the door latch under a plastic cover and another behind the door pull, again with a plastic cover. Then remove the hard rubber from atop the metal and surgically remove the lower hard plastic liner with your olfa. The fronts are pretty much the same except the screw with the plastic cap is at the rear of the panel. The A pilar's small speaker will fall off when you remove the panel. Good luck, easy money!

what rubber you cut? look this video at 2:00 the hard plastic was the second line?

Yeah, you remove the door panel, then the rubber gasket from the top of the door. When you remove that gasket, you'll see there are two rubber strips that go against the glass. Remove the lower one with your Olfa. The top one stays. Then tint the window, roll it down, put the gasket back on the metal at the top of the door and reinstall the panel.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest badassinstaller

What is the deal with mole skin? I am still pretty new to the tint world and have never used mole skin before. I have heard it is needed on this vehicle. How does it go on and work?

This car in my experience does not like felt sticking to it. I've scuffed it up , heated it, prepped it , unlike any other gasket that sticks great, I find felt doesn't stick well to this one to my liking

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

If you can't get felt to stick use this and I guarntee it will stick!

3M™ Automotive Adhesion Promoter-Sponge Applicator Packet 4298, 2.5cc per packet dotclear.gif

3M™ Adhesion Promoter 4298 is a liquid primer used for most low surfaces energy plastics. This would include common low surface energy plastics used for automotive dash and interior trim applications (TPO, PPO, PP, PC, PC + ABS, etc.)

If you can't get felt to stick use this and I guarntee it will stick!

3M™ Automotive Adhesion Promoter-Sponge Applicator Packet 4298, 2.5cc per packet dotclear.gif

3M™ Adhesion Promoter 4298 is a liquid primer used for most low surfaces energy plastics. This would include common low surface energy plastics used for automotive dash and interior trim applications (TPO, PPO, PP, PC, PC + ABS, etc.)

Nice tip :thumb ????

Archived