windshield help

HoLlYwOoD

Ok after shrinking the windshield I have a problem with cutting the hole for the rearview mirror. When I cut the hole on the shrunken tint it fingers like crazy. Well it just takes me a little longer to heat them up and get it looking nice. My problem is when I go to apply the tint Ive got fingers near the rearview hole and It seems like there is no possible way to get them out. How do I prevent this. when I cut more of a square hole for the rearview it seems like it fingers a whole lot more than if I were to cut a perfect circle. Whats the deal with that? :thumb

Ok after shrinking the windshield I have a problem with cutting the hole for the rearview mirror. When I cut the hole on the shrunken tint it fingers like crazy. Well it just takes me a little longer to heat them up and get it looking nice. My problem is when I go to apply the tint Ive got fingers near the rearview hole and It seems like there is no possible way to get them out. How do I prevent this. when I cut more of a square hole for the rearview it seems like it fingers a whole lot more than if I were to cut a perfect circle. Whats the deal with that? :thumb

You mean a brow on the top or the whole windshield?

Guest thatsnappyguy

if your talking about tinting the whole windshield, dry shrink the film and you shouldnt have this problem. wet shrinking puts too much tension on the film which is proven when you cut a whole in the middle of a tensioned peice of film and it goes wild. dry shrinking just simply lays the window down nice and evently so now you shouldnt have this problem.

Ok after shrinking the windshield I have a problem with cutting the hole for the rearview mirror. When I cut the hole on the shrunken tint it fingers like crazy. Well it just takes me a little longer to heat them up and get it looking nice. My problem is when I go to apply the tint Ive got fingers near the rearview hole and It seems like there is no possible way to get them out. How do I prevent this. when I cut more of a square hole for the rearview it seems like it fingers a whole lot more than if I were to cut a perfect circle. Whats the deal with that? :dunno

Sounds to me like YOU SHOULDN'T BE TINTING WHOLE FOK'N WINDSHIELDS !

Ok after shrinking the windshield I have a problem with cutting the hole for the rearview mirror. When I cut the hole on the shrunken tint it fingers like crazy. Well it just takes me a little longer to heat them up and get it looking nice. My problem is when I go to apply the tint Ive got fingers near the rearview hole and It seems like there is no possible way to get them out. How do I prevent this. when I cut more of a square hole for the rearview it seems like it fingers a whole lot more than if I were to cut a perfect circle. Whats the deal with that? :unsure:

Sounds to me like YOU SHOULDN'T BE TINTING WHOLE FOK'N WINDSHIELDS !

:scotty its actually my own windshield.....I do dryshrink but I think I figured out my prob. I was cutting the hole around the mirror too square and it was messing me up. I did it last night and rounded the corners more and it came out perfect. Thanks for the help

Archived