TN Law changed as of Jul 1, 2009

Guest coredneck

Was just searching for info like this! I was wondering if a vehicle that is registered in one state could be ticketed for tint in another state (registered in GA but in RI or MA for example). I'd like they'd let it slide for out of state drivers unless they really wanted to generate some revenue.

Guest whatisreallylegal

the main thing here is it is ok for the police to break any law they want but make the laws for citizens so that if they do something they feel is wrong they can make money of you even if its not hurting anyone. with tinted windows helps to keep darker colored trucks/cars cooler and extend the life of the interior. I think they should just let it go and if the owner of a truck/car feels safe no matter how dark the tint. if they have accidents and it can be proved the tint caused the driver to no see then ticket them at that point. ive had trucks and have always 5% all back windows and most time went with around 15 to 20 on front sides with a 5% strip across the front window and never had a problem. having the dark tint in the rear windows also helps when someone gets behind you with either bright lights/ high beams or sits higher than you and shoots right into you rear view mirror, so I think and feel I am safer being able to 5% the rear windows as long as I have two outside mirrors.

Michigan is 5% rear legal , one of the only Benefits , and the fact that I can put anything the customer wants , I just have to tell them it's illegal , I remember when I tinted in Tennessee back in the 90s that the tint shop would get a fine for doing illegal tint

Archived