Government handouts

Guest tint51

Guest Sunlimited
:thumb ...for what it's worth....gov't bailouts have amounted to one thing, the rich getting richer....The poor haven't gotten poorer, the poor just lost everything they signed up for and couldn't afford. Cash for clunkers will lead to the same thing as Mitsubishi in the early 2000's, people getting into cars they can't afford (hummers), and getting the vehicle repo'd. The downfall is our tax $$$ have helped put these people into these vehicles that will go on the auction block. In the end these vehicles will make some small mom and pop dealer happy. To bail out big companies like AIG, however, does not help the general public. If AIG failed another company will buy up their investments, in turn putting a failed company out of business. It's our fault big business has the notion that CEO's should get million dollar bonuses, or big business is so big that our gov't will help them out..We vote the people into office who are reaping the benefits...Step back and look at your local representative first, then look at your state representative, and the chain goes on....Until the mayhem stops, and it won't until the country is in complete turmoil ( as if it isn't already), nothing will change. We should all thank our blessings, gods, or whatever you may believe or not believe, that we are in a skilled trade and no one can open up a Tint Mart, and put us out of business, because if Tint Mart opens we're all done...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint51
Has anyone taken advantage of Goverment funds to build your /or start you company??? I keep hearing about government funds being given away free money to start businesses. :lol2

Back to original question! So no one has heard of anything or it is just not there for the middle class...?

Middle class gets nothing, upper class gets bonuses.

Cash for clunkers wont be a repo problem, banks arent just "handing out" loans.. if you have a score of 730 you can still get turned down on debt/income ratios.

And alot more clunker customers are paying with a check than youd expect. Of course up here we have a tremendous gas lease explosion with the marcellus shale exploration. Gas wells popping up all over.

Cash for clunkers wont be a repo problem, banks arent just "handing out" loans.. if you have a score of 730 you can still get turned down on debt/income ratios.

And alot more clunker customers are paying with a check than youd expect. Of course up here we have a tremendous gas lease explosion with the marcellus shale exploration. Gas wells popping up all over.

Not sure where you are, Mobile, but I watched the cars fly off the lots here (some local dealers have NO new cars left). Yes, there are turn downs for conventional loans, but, dealers have many avenues to get financing. So many who got into the CARS deal could not affors to buy a new vehicle before, so how can they now??? The trade in clunker value was not enough to get their payments down to nothing. You will see, there will be an influx of repoed cars hitting the lots in 6 months to 1 year. Also, how many do you think paid with a check??? That is a non-point. There are not that many out there who have $25K plus just laying around today. Re-think that statement. I went in to investigate trading in the wifes car, but didnt have enough time for it. The salesman told us that cars were flying off the lot and they were having trouble catching up with the paperwork of both the CARS and FINANCING. Bide your time, you will see the unfortunate truth.....this was a backdoor bailout for the automakers AND no good for the general public. In a time when they keep preaching to us about fiscal responsibility, and not overspending and charging too much, the government pushes us to spend more (First cars, now appliances, what next???)

Not sure where you are, Mobile, but I watched the cars fly off the lots here (some local dealers have NO new cars left). Yes, there are turn downs for conventional loans, but, dealers have many avenues to get financing. So many who got into the CARS deal could not affors to buy a new vehicle before, so how can they now??? The trade in clunker value was not enough to get their payments down to nothing. You will see, there will be an influx of repoed cars hitting the lots in 6 months to 1 year. Also, how many do you think paid with a check??? That is a non-point. There are not that many out there who have $25K plus just laying around today. Re-think that statement. I went in to investigate trading in the wifes car, but didnt have enough time for it. The salesman told us that cars were flying off the lot and they were having trouble catching up with the paperwork of both the CARS and FINANCING. Bide your time, you will see the unfortunate truth.....this was a backdoor bailout for the automakers AND no good for the general public. In a time when they keep preaching to us about fiscal responsibility, and not overspending and charging too much, the government pushes us to spend more (First cars, now appliances, what next???)

I agree at that statemnt.. I work for a dealer.. and that is my take on it too!.. It helps the dealers / sevice and puts people back into debt.. it may get some gas gizzlers off the road but there other ways ..

:beer tint 51 you hit it right on the head. Why not put that money into something that is really productive (wind/solar energy). I heard the other day that next year GM will be coming out with a electric car that is supposed to get 250 mpg. I would rather raise taxes for technology like that than for appliances to go on sale. :lol2 If we are going to throw all of our money away we might as well put it in somewhat of a good place. I heard on the news(I know you cant always trust them but...)that the CASH for clunkers thing was also allowing people to buy big SUV's that in most cases the gas was worse than in their previous clunker. WTF???? That shouldnt be right. The government needs to do something to try and help us start recovering from this trillion dollar debt. I think we should learn by CA and make medicinal /\/\4R1jU4|\|4 legal all over and tax the %&$# out of it( about like cigarettes). Im not a pothead by no means but damn...we really need to start looking for a way out. With all this stuff going on I might have to start smoking tho to get me out of this depression about our economics. Sorry for ranting it just really pisses me off.

And where exactly do you think electricity comes from? How is it made? When you have to plug that car in at night, you are using electricity to charge it up, which makes a power plant work that much harder, which in turn pumps out more pollution. Electric cars are NOT the answer. As a matter of fact, the idea of electric cars is a falsehood that they would ever lower "greenhouse" gasses. Raising taxes for anything is a bad idea. Making pot legal will not solve any problems either, although I would be for the legalization of it. Solar and wind power, while a good alternative, would be on a very small scale as they dont supply enough power and is extremely expensive.

Cash for clunkers....I bet many of the people who engaged in that ridiculous plan know that they will have to pay taxes on that $3500-$4500, b/c it will be considered income. I tinted a Tundra (fully loaded) today for a guy who participated in it, and he didnt know about it. He traded a 99 F150, that had no problems, and was paid off simply b/c he wanted something new. The kicker? He is unemployed, but recieves checks from, you guessed it, the govt.

So, to the original question about recieving govt handouts for business? Dont do it. If you have to "borrow" (which is really what it is) money to start a business in this industry, then you arent ready to start a business.

I agree at that statemnt.. I work for a dealer.. and that is my take on it too!.. It helps the dealers / sevice and puts people back into debt.. it may get some gas gizzlers off the road but there other ways ..

But remember, it is a short term boost. I dont have a problem with gas guzzlers. And anyone who drives such a vehicle cannot complain about "I cant afford the gas." Well, if you cant afford the gas, you prob cant afford a new car either. It bugs the crap out of me when I hear someone say that who has a paid off vehicle, that wants to buy a new car, simply b/c of gas mileage.

The new chevy volt This is what I was talking about. I have to say I disagree with you about electric not taking off. I think the new chevy volt will change the playing field as we know it. The press confrence I read somewhere said something about the price. IDK if its true or not but they said it was supposed to start at around 50k if im not mistaken. Thats really the only downfall I can see with the car. I like the stylish looks of it and hope they come out pretty soon. I dont know about you but I dont have that long of a commute and have a hook-up at the shop if I needed to recharge. That wouldnt be too bad having to fill your car up every few weeks...

I didnt just make that statement randomly, the main line of business Im in is on-location dealerhsip service. I gathered that information from the 30+ dealerships I do business with throughout the area. I ask the question constantly, "hows business?"

25 grand!?!? The dealership incentives and clunker discount meant about 9 grand for a new G6. And definately inventory is totally depleted at the lots that could afford to wait and offer it until the end. However, the financing on 9 grand is not out of reach for most people. One chevy dealer in my area had more check writing than financing.

Especially after the mortgage blowup, banks cannot afford any more risk. I just highly doubt the issue of reposession and see the economy improving in my area. My wife sells real estate, and that has recently grown as well.

The only dark news is the news, were all still in business and will continue to be fine. Stocks are going up, the economy is recovering.

I didnt just make that statement randomly, the main line of business Im in is on-location dealerhsip service. I gathered that information from the 30+ dealerships I do business with throughout the area. I ask the question constantly, "hows business?"

25 grand!?!? The dealership incentives and clunker discount meant about 9 grand for a new G6. And definately inventory is totally depleted at the lots that could afford to wait and offer it until the end. However, the financing on 9 grand is not out of reach for most people. One chevy dealer in my area had more check writing than financing.

Especially after the mortgage blowup, banks cannot afford any more risk. I just highly doubt the issue of reposession and see the economy improving in my area. My wife sells real estate, and that has recently grown as well.

The only dark news is the news, were all still in business and will continue to be fine. Stocks are going up, the economy is recovering.

WOW, so you're saying the new G6? lists for about less than $20 k??? 9 GRAND plus the max of $4500 comes to $13,500. And dealer incentives reach are $3500 (looked it up on their website) That would put the price (as you are saying) at $17,000. Kind of tough to believe, when the stripped down model starts at $21K. And just so you realize it, manu of the vehicles leaving the lots were nowhere near that price (the dealers here were moving tons of Pilots, Odyseas, Toyota vans all starting at $32,000+) AND, I went to shop for a new vehicle for my wife and there were minimal incentives being offered and no discussions on pricing, since they were moving so many cars, they werent discussiong it. If you really think that so many of the people who got into this deal bought the G6 or other cheap vehicle and did not jump up to a more expensive car due to the CARS program, you may feel differently soon!!! :bingo

Archived