Government handouts

Guest tint51

Guest tint51

Has anyone taken advantage of Goverment funds to build your /or start you company??? I keep hearing about government funds being given away free money to start businesses. dunno.gif

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the government blew through $3 billion in funds for the CARS rebate in less than half the time they expected and now announced that they are doing the same for appliances. When will these leberal fools learn that putting us deeper in debt for an end run bailout of all these industries is not going to get us out of this mess. The CARS deal will show its true colors in 6 - 12 months when we see how many vehicles are reposessed. A great number of the cars just sold under the program were definately sold to people who could barely afford to keep the car they had on the road, but, because of the govt. money and low or non-existant interest rates, they jumped into a new car with a substantial payment. You see $40,000 cars leaving the lot with a 20-25 year old car as the clunker (real value $500/clunker value $3500) and know they jumped in because of deal. NOW, we see more of our money being shoveled out the door to buy a new appliance??? The reality of the deal is, these handouts are taken advantage of by many. There are many who DO need to replace their appliance, since it is very old or near death. But many who use this are well off and can afford to pay the price. But, as usual, we will foot the bill for this. I say, let me keep my money (tax increases are on the way) and I will spend it as I see fit.

Who's next for a bailout?? The p***o industry??? (oh, yeah, they already asked for goverment money to bolster themselves and probably got a backdoor payout on the sly)............................. :dunno

Guest tint51
Well, the government blew through $3 billion in funds for the CARS rebate in less than half the time they expected and now announced that they are doing the same for appliances. When will these leberal fools learn that putting us deeper in debt for an end run bailout of all these industries is not going to get us out of this mess. The CARS deal will show its true colors in 6 - 12 months when we see how many vehicles are reposessed. A great number of the cars just sold under the program were definately sold to people who could barely afford to keep the car they had on the road, but, because of the govt. money and low or non-existant interest rates, they jumped into a new car with a substantial payment. You see $40,000 cars leaving the lot with a 20-25 year old car as the clunker (real value $500/clunker value $3500) and know they jumped in because of deal. NOW, we see more of our money being shoveled out the door to buy a new appliance??? The reality of the deal is, these handouts are taken advantage of by many. There are many who DO need to replace their appliance, since it is very old or near death. But many who use this are well off and can afford to pay the price. But, as usual, we will foot the bill for this. I say, let me keep my money (tax increases are on the way) and I will spend it as I see fit.

Who's next for a bailout?? The p***o industry??? (oh, yeah, they already asked for goverment money to bolster themselves and probably got a backdoor payout on the sly)............................. :dunno

I agree with your comment... Why don't they do things... Money to add Solar to my home, or wind power...Something that gives back to everyone...

Guest tint51
I think they only fund important projects like ' The study of stick bug mating habits ' :spit

Shoot , thats why California is in trouble with all those studys that the state pay for at 100G payrolls... :dunno

I think they only fund important projects like ' The study of stick bug mating habits ' :spit

Shoot , thats why California is in trouble with all those studys that the state pay for at 100G payrolls... :dunno

This is why we are where we are. Politicians who don't live in the real world (like Dead Kennedy...ooops, Thats Ted). He None of them have done squat to help control spending, just shovel it out faster and faster. When we are where we are today, they should be looking at cutting spending, not adding to it with back door bailouts and more hand outs. Obama Lammas spending is out of control. Cash for cars, Cash for appliances, government healthcare....where does it end?? We go deeper into debt, yet still they spend. Too bad the general public is too stupid to realize this and vote ALL of them out. They are there to serve US, yet, they make careers of doing nothing to help but make gevernment bigger and more costly at OUR expense!!!

I say good riddance to the final Kennedy and all others who finally leave DC. I only hope the next ones to enter are a little better(pipe dream!!!!)

Archived