2008 Cadillac Escalade

Guest Merc

Hey guys,

I live in Houston, Texas and I will be tinting my 2008 Cadillac Escalade within the next couple of days. It is balck with tan interior and has the navigation and XM radio. I would like to tint all of the windows (there are 7) and I do not want to compromise the radio's or navigation's reception. What type of window tint should I go with and does anyone know of a good place here in Houston?

Thank you.

no metalized film. llumar atc, suntek carbon, global QDP. thats the only brands I would stick with

Thank you for the quick response! What do you think about 3M? The tint shop that I have been speaking to here in town says they would use 3M. What is a reasonable price for them to tint all of the windows?

no metalized film. llumar atc, suntek carbon, global QDP. thats the only brands I would stick with

Thank you for the quick response! What do you think about 3M? The tint shop that I have been speaking to here in town says they would use 3M. What is a reasonable price for them to tint all of the windows?

We don't speak of prices here, but just call around and get an idea of the general cost and remember the lowest price is not neccessarily the best deal. Your rear 5 windows are already factory tinted so keep that in mind when you want them darker, since night vision will be seriously compromised and keep those fronts legal. And Snappy's right...NO metalized films or you'll lose am radio reception and possibly nav and tire pressure warning sensors. Good luck!

Johnsons window film TOO!

We don't speak of prices here, but just call around and get an idea of the general cost and remember the lowest price is not neccessarily the best deal. Your rear 5 windows are already factory tinted so keep that in mind when you want them darker, since night vision will be seriously compromised and keep those fronts legal. And Snappy's right...NO metalized films or you'll lose am radio reception and possibly nav and tire pressure warning sensors. Good luck!

Thanks. I just went to a tint shop here in Houston and they want to use a ceramic window tint by the name of "Black Max". I have had all of my cars tinted in the past using Lumar and Solar Guard, but I have never used or heard of Black Max. Has another here used it and is a ceramic window tint what I want?

Let me guess They advertise Bubble free tint $75 :headbang as fast as you can. Bet they got you in the shop with a low price then want to upgrade you to a film 3-4 times the price,do yourself a favor and do a Google search on black max film and see how little info you can find compared to solargard suntek llumar Johnstons etc Global :beer

Let me guess They advertise Bubble free tint $75 :headbang as fast as you can. Bet they got you in the shop with a low price then want to upgrade you to a film 3-4 times the price,do yourself a favor and do a Google search on black max film and see how little info you can find compared to solargard suntek llumar Johnstons etc Global :beer

[/quote

Paladin,

You must know the place! They told me $99 over the phone when I called and said that it would not be the dyed tint. I get there and realize the tint that they quoted on the phone was in fact for the dyed tint and they use a tint by the name of Black Max.

I am going to Formula One Tinting in the morning where they will install LLumar.

Archived