Security Film

Has anyone done this? I was thinking of vzla-tint or maybe LEO. I was wondering how large of a bullet the film would stop or if the film would be to hard to apply to a car.

Thanks.

Wow, scary area to go and lots of liability. No film stops bullets! Again, no film can stop bullets!!!

But having said that, I'll put my :lol2

I worked with great auto safety film installers in Columbia, Peru, Brazil & Urugauy...sorry vzla never made it there :-( and saw some amazing installations with safety film.

And I've seen videos from Latin America with positive results when using multiple layers of 15 mil (3 layers or more). However everything depends:

-Multiple layers of 15 mil (3 layers or more)

-Caliber of gun

-Distance

-Angle

-Velocity

-Bullet (they keep getting better)

And less scrupulous people over sell the product and don't talk about the multiple layers (or thick architectural glass when talking about buildings)

It takes a ton of practice to learn how to install 15 mil and then multiple layers of 15 mill on car glass. This safety film on cars is sold to help with "Smash & Grab" to slow down the criminal so that the driver has time to get away before they are hit in the face, knifed, etc. You'll go through many rolls of safety film learning how to install it. On the plus side, they charge about $1,000+ US$ to install 15 mil on a car & then more if you want multiple layers. I'm sure vzla tint does a good job with that, but learned the hard way.

Let me repeat one thing: No film stops bullets!

From time to time I travel to Peru, amazing installations there. Have a friend there that makes 100++ cars a month, unfortunately neither he nor we here in Venezuela get 1000 bucks, maybe half or a little less is more realistic, it's still almost 10 times more than just installing normal tint here, so it's ok. GFW, maybe you know the guy in Peru, his company is called Protemax, they are BIG!

======================

Yep, I know Ricardito. He was my first customer when I lived in Maimi. He had just left to go out on his own. I always enjoyed visiting him; but he would work me like a dog visiting 10 car dealerships a day doing a "dog & pony" show. Then he did the safety installation on over 200 buildings in Bolivia for the US State Department! He worked hard and has done very well for himself.

it will certainly not stop a bullet. We have a few windows prepared with 100mil of film, this most probably will stop a good sized bullet, we will make shooting tests next week....

We too.

Let's share :spit

We prepared

8 mm glass with 12 mil

8 mm glas 4 mil outside and 12 mil inside

10 mm glass with Stalinit 21 mil inside

10 mm glass with 4 mil outside and 21 mil inside

But also will make some on car glass - after next week.

By the way we are launching bulletproof covering for car doors - I mean this part which is under the glass :quote

8 mm glass with 12 mil

8 mm glas 4 mil outside and 12 mil inside

10 mm glass with Stalinit 21 mil inside

10 mm glass with 4 mil outside and 21 mil inside

A 10mm glass requires 45mil of film to stop 9mm FMJ bullet, for what 4mil on the outside?

Oustide - keep glass from additional damage, IMHO.

With this film glass work better.

We tried Beretta with just 20 mil - was OK.

But everything depend from gun and bullet.

Archived