01 neon bg

Guest sik99ranger

Guest sik99ranger

ok guys I have a 01 neon killin me im using 5% true black and it keeps creeseing in the corners and all along the top and bottom. I have tryed dry soap method and dryer sheets ive tryed 7 times now and same every time. im about to do it in strips cause its pisin me off. ugh please help! I shrank a 03 bonniville in like 10 min yesterday with the same roll so I know the tint is good. I know I dont have much experiance but I have done quite a few 1 piece windows and this is just 1 killin me. please any help would b appreaciated

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok guys I have a 01 neon killin me im using 5% true black and it keeps creeseing in the corners and all along the top and bottom. I have tryed dry soap method and dryer sheets ive tryed 7 times now and same every time. im about to do it in strips cause its pisin me off. ugh please help! I shrank a 03 bonniville in like 10 min yesterday with the same roll so I know the tint is good. I know I dont have much experiance but I have done quite a few 1 piece windows and this is just 1 killin me. please any help would b appreaciated

Dont do an "H" anchor...just do one horizontal anchor while dry shrinking. Use a hard card to "bump" the film into place.

thats kind of a harder one. try leaving some fingers on the sides. this will make less to shrink on top and bottom. then you can heat the fingers out after you have installed them. if they wont heat out make a relief cut. a relief cut is still better than a 2 piece in my book

doesnt have to be but you could hide a seam at the top, behind the black ceramic lines...unless your wanting to practice your shrinking/heating skills

I guess no one else is going to ding you for putting 5% on the back of a neon :D. I dont want to seem like a hypocrite because I have done some illegal tint but damn cus 5% come on. This is how we all get a bad name, people doing stupid :lol .

So now that we have that out of the way, who's film are you useing an are you doing a dry shrink? (I know I cant get you to stop :nope you've got to make money too.)

Guest sik99ranger

5% is legal in ia and 16 other states so what I am doing is compleetley legal where I am. I know it doesnt say on my name where im from I guess I will have to get that on there. im using true black and dryshrinking I tryed both soap and dryer sheet methods.

5% is legal in ia and 16 other states so what I am doing is compleetley legal where I am. I know it doesnt say on my name where im from I guess I will have to get that on there. im using true black and dryshrinking I tryed both soap and dryer sheet methods.

True Black? Who makes it? Sorry not one im familiar with. Definitely try to leave fingers on the side and do the relief cuts you'll be ok. I dont like to do it either but seven times, getting to be a little expensive. Let us know how it turns out. :D

Guest sik99ranger

express window films makes it. it has shrank fine for me on all the other cars I have used it on so I believe its not the film but they are sending me a sample roll of another film they sell. so hopefully I can get it im going 2 try with the true black again and if that dont work ill try the other thanks for all the help guys

Archived