a new tool for final touches on a Back window

I got tired of waiting for a manufacturer to make this , so I made one and love it ..been using it for a year now.

I took a 2 foot long plug puller , grinded the end down a bit to get the finish off it, welded a scraper holder to it and instead of inserting a scraper into the holder , put in a lil' chizzler , wrapped it in a permanent paper towel.

What does this make ?

It makes something I always wanted..a "touch up tool " for back windows where I can now stand on the outside of the car and edge out anything on any part of a back glass on any 2 dr or 4 dr back glass while having the hand - eye coordination without constantly jumping in and out of a car to se if I "got the spot" or having an extra set of eyes.

If hard to understand because of how typed it..another way to look at it is lets say you do a back glass and it comes out great but you have a dot to "edge out the air around the spec" and luckily it's in a top corner of a 4 dr car, it's easy to do because you simply step out of the car and with hand -eye cordination edge it out with a wrapped lil chizzler..well it's now just as easy with this tool no matter where the spec is located with the same accuracy with hand -eye. It's a real long reach and has NO flex to it because it's the metal rod of a plug puller shaft and can take a lot of applied pressure .

The tape measure in the pic is to show the length of it..I have one that's almost 3.5 ft long as well :boogie

Anything I ever tried on the marke has too much "bend" to it ..that's why I went this route :bingo

100_1179.jpg

100_1178.jpg

100_1176.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a pretty tool but I tell you if someone manufactured them ..it's a "must" for auto tinters...no such thing as a tinter not wanting to touch SOMETHING up on a back glass that's out of reach of hand eye cordination :boogie

Just as a note..the pink chizzler is usually wrapped in a paper towel and taped around it..I took it of to show the slight modification you have to do to the pinky...drill 2 small holes to ancor it in the holder so the metal clips slide right in it that normally would hold a scraper in place..very solid with no slip.

Nice looking tool. Designs like the one you have pictured are how many of the tools in the industry started. The question is always which ones to decide to produce. Setting up to make a new tool usually requires the belief that roughly 5000 units can be sold over a reasonable time to recover the initial set-up costs. Many cool tool ideas are never produced as the ultimate market may only be a couple hundred units and the set-up costs cannot be recovered. That is the reason that many industry tools have been adapted from existing tools from other industries. Anyway, it is always interesting for me to see the tools that are being used in the field.

Archived