Double cutting

For those of you that double cuts your patterns, I know it saves time but how do you deal with film not lining up correctly sometimes because the other window is slightly different? Do you think cutting it individually is better for a more cleaner result?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest richz71
For those of you that double cuts your patterns, I know it saves time but how do you deal with film not lining up correctly sometimes because the other window is slightly different? Do you think cutting it individually is better for a more cleaner result?

yes

I know there are some "double cut lovers here, but personally, I think it's a bad place to save a few minutes if your a tinter that cares about detail. Some cars ..sure, but not every car, eventually your just "getting" by" with a pattern that was better off being cut individually :spit

Guest Tint Legend

Cleaner reults will come from better techniques, however I do beleive you will acheive a better cut by individually cutting each window. Good luck :spit

I was going to start a similar thread because I'm noticing more and more that the two sides are different. I tinted 2 fords last week and both vehicles were VERY different from side to side.

That's what I mean...and all the filing in the world won't fix any "side" issues

we double cut almost everything. we double check to make sure all windows are factory. if they are not than we cut individual. if the pattern doesnt line up to good we just set it up for shaving. most fit almost perfect. the only ones that dont are usually frameless that needs to b shrank. if you shrink one more than the other it wont line up. we shave most frameless anyway so its not a big deal.

I tell you what, dbl cutting fits a lot better than almost all computer cut programs

Archived