Double cutting

I was going to start a similar thread because I'm noticing more and more that the two sides are different. I tinted 2 fords last week and both vehicles were VERY different from side to side.

That's what I mean...and all the filing in the world won't fix any "side" issues

I didn't mean the side of the windows. If it's different it will be on the top radius. The left side of the car will be different from the right side of the car. If that makes any sense. I overcut the side edge of the roll up windows.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have double cut for many years and only have worried about the edge not lining up a few times. If you get a slight overlap then just shave it off there....

It is faster to me and makes for waste to be almost all in one spot which makes cleaning up even quicker...

Guest scottydosnntkno
I have double cut for many years and only have worried about the edge not lining up a few times. If you get a slight overlap then just shave it off there....

It is faster to me and makes for waste to be almost all in one spot which makes cleaning up even quicker...

:smoker plus the pieces are stuck together so I just shove them in my jacket pocket and throw them all out at once.

other than maybe an inch or two on the top edge, I can't think of any car I've done the last three or four months(since I've been double cutting) that the pattern has been off on. If I get a little overlap I file it down, so its not a biggie for me. On the sides, I've never had an issue, but I shift my pattern and leave the sides a hair long anyways so they don't have to line up 100% perfect, since the edge is hidden

:lol2

For those of you that double cuts your patterns, I know it saves time but how do you deal with film not lining up correctly sometimes because the other window is slightly different? Do you think cutting it individually is better for a more cleaner result?

I've been double cutting for years, never have I approached a window that was a different size :lol2

your just not cutting them right.

For those of you that double cuts your patterns, I know it saves time but how do you deal with film not lining up correctly sometimes because the other window is slightly different? Do you think cutting it individually is better for a more cleaner result?

I've been double cutting for years, never have I approached a window that was a different size :lol2

I didn't say they were different sizes. You aren't reading it right...

I've been double cutting for years, never have I approached a window that was a different size :dunno

you are dgmt? and yes I read it right. problem is not the window(s) the problem is YOU :dunno

I've been double cutting for years, never have I approached a window that was a different size :dunno

you are dgmt? and yes I read it right. problem is not the window(s) the problem is YOU :dunno

Sorry, I have no idea what this means.

and I don't have any problems...

Archived