Double cutting

Guest scottydosnntkno

It seems as if around here, most people could care less if you left 1/64 or 1/2 at the top, as long as theres no light gap when the windows rolled up. I get compliments all the time about the fact that the film is so close, and then other people are like why is it so close. crazy customers :tinttank:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those of you that double cuts your patterns, I know it saves time but how do you deal with film not lining up correctly sometimes because the other window is slightly different? Do you think cutting it individually is better for a more cleaner result?

I've been double cutting for years, never have I approached a window that was a different size :lol2

your just not cutting them right.

thats a strong statement to throw in the "never" there. for the guys that aim for the flawless microedge subtle differences is not uncommon. ive come across to many early 2000 mustangs that one front door was 1/2" longer on one side.

really? are you guys serious? I've never come across that and believe me I dont micro edge, I file my edges so I think that puts you in the back of the line buddy :lol2

if you read the top of the thread I file windows too buddy I actually said if your going to double it up thats the way to go sorry you left that out I guess :tinttank:

For those of you that double cuts your patterns, I know it saves time but how do you deal with film not lining up correctly sometimes because the other window is slightly different? Do you think cutting it individually is better for a more cleaner result?

I've been double cutting for years, never have I approached a window that was a different size :thumb

thats a strong statement to throw in the "never" there. for the guys that aim for the flawless microedge subtle differences is not uncommon. ive come across to many early 2000 mustangs that one front door was 1/2" longer on one side.

really? are you guys serious? I've never come across that and believe me I dont micro edge, I file my edges so I think that puts you in the back of the line buddy :lol

if you read the top of the thread I file windows too buddy I actually said if your going to double it up thats the way to go sorry you left that out I guess :lol

so many responses I dont know were to begin. lets not start an internet dyck measuring contest :lol

I've been double cutting for years, never have I approached a window that was a different size :lol

really? are you guys serious? I've never come across that and believe me I dont micro edge, I file my edges so I think that puts you in the back of the line buddy :lol

if you read the top of the thread I file windows too buddy I actually said if your going to double it up thats the way to go sorry you left that out I guess :thumb

so many responses I dont know were to begin. lets not start an internet dyck measuring contest :lol

:lol

if you read the top of the thread I file windows too buddy I actually said if your going to double it up thats the way to go sorry you left that out I guess :flip

awwwwwwwww......you guys are buddies now....how cute! :dunno:spit:dunno

if you read the top of the thread I file windows too buddy I actually said if your going to double it up thats the way to go sorry you left that out I guess :flip

awwwwwwwww......you guys are buddies now....how cute! :dunno:spitrollin.gif

:dunno

I was cutting double patterns for awhile and starting cutting everthing single from wasting film. But recently, I just started cutting double patterns again. Not only does it save time, it just seems like way less work. Im gonna cut double on everything, except frameless ones and when the window tracks are loose.

I double cut everything except I got caught out ona Toyota Town Ace van as the passenger window is 20mm longer in width than the drivers and yes I double cut the drivers so couldnt trim it down haha. but I find it easiest to double cut and top edges always line up alright !

Did have a Ford Aerostar passenger window do that to me years ago. I figured it was designed that wat to give a little more glass area to the mirror.. :thumb Was always extra cafeul from then on.

Archived