SunTek Carbon XP

Guest STintVA

I used suntek carbon for a year and went back to LLumar (In part because my competition went to suntek!) this was almost two years ago. About six months ago I got a roll of the cxp and its no different to me than the carbon in any way.

The largest reason right now to never order another roll of anything they sell is the damn nasty green color :beer . I liked most everything else about it and will say not one come back from carbon or cxp.

You can tell a BIG difference with a heat lamp and btu meter which is what it was made for,the color is slightly different and cxp definately feels thicker than carbon to me, whether darkness agrees or not :spit my complaits with it are the hardcoat and the interior haze when sun is shining on it..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nophotintco

It is slightly hazy in all shades but most noticeable in the 55%. I did two windshields with it assuming it would go away and both came back. Sun Tek still has some work to do before they start trying the IR films if you ask me.

It is slightly hazy in all shades but most noticeable in the 55%. I did two windshields with it assuming it would go away and both came back. Sun Tek still has some work to do before they start trying the IR films if you ask me.

I have just returned 2 X 60" 35% rolls of this CXP because of the terrible pinkish haze I experienced in full direct sunlight.

I felt disappointed to have my name on this installation but didn't notice the problem until I took the car out of the workshop into the sun.

I have since installed a sample of it beside an earlier roll and you should see the difference....something is really wrong here big time.

Devil

That's why i haven't been using the cxp is cause of the haze inside when in direct light, carbon does this also..beautiful film from exterior though..

What gets me is this.....how many years now have film manufacturers collectively been making solar film?

Some 40+ years and to this day they still can't get any uniformity across their rolls.

How can that be or are we talking about rocket science hiccups? :thumb

Devil

Guest Sunshades Of Austin

We have been using Carbon Extreme or CXP since it was introduced. There is definitely a difference from Carbon. Place it in front of a heat-lamp you will see. I have not experienced any of the things I'm reading here. It's a up-sell from Carbon with benefits to match. I have sold llumar and their formula1. Solar Gard. Very happy with the full line Suntek offers. The color matches factory tint in color pretty spot-on. We have not had one complaint yet in regard to match. TSER is great. It is just as good as others mentioned here. Yeah they might sell to anyone. Not everyone can do what they say they can and they don't last. It has been happening here for a good time now. Your Quality allows you to set and get your price. Film is so close it's nuts. I have placed them side by side and compared. Suntek has continued to be a great product for us. Suntek selling to anyone was me at one time. Llumar and their reps will look at you as a trader and competition if you ever have worked for a dealer of theirs. Therefore will not sell you there film and give you a run around for months years. And it cost more. Great film never had any issues. They honor their warranties the same. However will stab you in the back when you really see that they don't care about us small guys. I wonder if anybody here has ever worked for someone? They want Best buy to do the craftsman we have mastered over the years in a month. Let's see them tint a Rolls or Aston or any of your customers cars. Yikes, happy tinting happy selling happy customers happy life!

Hope this helps

Rob

Hey, it even shrinks great!!

We have been using Carbon Extreme or CXP since it was introduced. There is definitely a difference from Carbon. Place it in front of a heat-lamp you will see. I have not experienced any of the things I'm reading here. It's a up-sell from Carbon with benefits to match. I have sold llumar and their formula1. Solar Gard. Very happy with the full line Suntek offers. The color matches factory tint in color pretty spot-on. We have not had one complaint yet in regard to match. TSER is great. It is just as good as others mentioned here. Yeah they might sell to anyone. Not everyone can do what they say they can and they don't last. It has been happening here for a good time now. Your Quality allows you to set and get your price. Film is so close it's nuts. I have placed them side by side and compared. Suntek has continued to be a great product for us. Suntek selling to anyone was me at one time. Llumar and their reps will look at you as a trader and competition if you ever have worked for a dealer of theirs. Therefore will not sell you there film and give you a run around for months years. And it cost more. Great film never had any issues. They honor their warranties the same. However will stab you in the back when you really see that they don't care about us small guys. I wonder if anybody here has ever worked for someone? They want Best buy to do the craftsman we have mastered over the years in a month. Let's see them tint a Rolls or Aston or any of your customers cars. Yikes, happy tinting happy selling happy customers happy life!

Hope this helps

Rob

Hey, it even shrinks great!!

Just out of curiosity, have you compared CXP to any competing brands on a heat lamp?

I have just returned 2 X 60" 35% rolls of this CXP because of the terrible pinkish haze I experienced in full direct sunlight.

I felt disappointed to have my name on this installation but didn't notice the problem until I took the car out of the workshop into the sun.

I have since installed a sample of it beside an earlier roll and you should see the difference....something is really wrong here big time.

Devil

I've just gone back to trying a Suntek Carbon 35 and you guessed it...bloody pink haze again.

Leaves me with no choice but to not use them till this crisis is fixed. :gasp:lol:wall:cool

Devil

Archived