And so it begins........

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We finished the Patrol part Wednesday, that was a 2 week Module. Probably will have a test over that next week some time. We started Emergency Communications Thursday, that runs from Thursday to Monday, so all we have left on that part is Monday.

Our test for Emergency Comm. Monday involves talking in 10 codes to a dispatcher :lol2

I took off work today and went on a ride along with the agency I will work for. It was pretty boring...only about 5 or 6 things happened. The officer I was riding along with said to ride on a Saturday evening/night to get action :beer

I took off work today and went on a ride along with the agency I will work for. It was pretty boring...only about 5 or 6 things happened. The officer I was riding along with said to ride on a Saturday evening/night to get action :beer

Are you going to be able to get a position right away after you graduate? Do they usually put rookies on night duty?

If there is one open I will get it right away :beer If not I will have to work as a reserve until a position opens up. This will just be on weekends and I will still work at Longhorn during the week. When I get fulltime I will quit Longhorn :lol2

When I get on I will have to be trained. Its called FIELD TRAINING. One of the officers (FTO - Field Training Officer) in charge there will ride with me and train me and that takes about 6 months before they let you loose by yourself.

This usually happens during the day. After they let you loose then you get on the rotating shift work.

I would like to see Mdog in large Metro area getting a call about theft, he gets to the address, and the Citizen complains their window tint was stolen.

Upon examining the car, Mdog sees no forced entry, the owner shows they have the keys, and Mdog is scratching his head wondering how they got in the car.

He gets in the car to examine the windows, and finds no glue residue at all !

Now he is REALLY puzzled until the Owner of the car asks "what are you looking for on the inside of the car, they put the film on the OUTSIDE of the windows, and gave a great price, too !"

I haven't been around in a while, but how awesome! Congrats on the academy!

I started EMT/Firefighter school in January. The training is amazing. We also have a police academy at our school, so often get to trade jabs with the other students.

Good luck, and may you find a great agency to work for!

Archived