Looking to Install a Clear Bra Myself?

Guest Roger555

Guest tint51
popcorn.gif:thumb:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn

Oh lord, this is a thread for the hall of fame!!!

Hey roger, gonna have to put my 2 cents in here. I am a tint and PPF trainer and designer. When I go do a training event, its sched no less than three full days. Second, We never ever ever take the bumper or hood or fender off the car. you Need that force there to pull and stretch. Third, we have either a lot of kits or a plotter and a roll of film ($1000). Fourth, your first and second lays are not gonna stay on the car. Fifth, WE NEVER TEACH A TRAINEE ON A BLACK VEHICLE.

Its cool to see someone wanting to tackle it themself. But Trust us on this, its a diff animal then window film. Honest opinion, take it somewhere before you get in over your head.

by the way Good Luck cuz I am sure your gonna do what your gonna do.

I agree. Better yet... it would probly be better to take a class For about 600$ -/+ and then buy a kit.. but you do what you want and you will find out.. we are not trying to discourage you just making you very aware.... :lol2

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have watched some install videos it looks pretty strait forward I am more looking for a good precut kit to purchase. I understand you install gurus are holier then now about how difficult this is I just don't buy into it, and yes it is just money lets just say I'm in it for the learning experience more then anything.

Look here azz-wipe.... There are people on here that work very hard day in and day out to perfect their craft.

I don't know what you do for a living.... but according to your reasoning a fok'n chimp could do it ! so anyone paying you more than minimum wage is a damn fool.. so I take it you don't 'really' have the resources available to invest in the proper film and materials to do the job correctly.....

and your windows look great... from about 30 feet away! There is a lot more to installing film then just laying it on a fairly flat window with minimum contamination jackazz.... :popcorn

Well Mr. grumpy here I apologize for having the confidence to learn your craft in a matter of days, I'm sure there is much more to your technique then I can learn on a video but give me some time I'm sure I cant do it just as good as you. However I myself am a mechanical engineer I have an eye of detail and am very picky when it comes to my projects, I never HALF ASS! I really don't need your negative criticism on my thread thanks anyways! Also my windows are flawless I will take some closer pics when I get home from vacation if you like.

Dude, it is not very nice to walk into the professionals world and proclaim that they are all chumps and you can do better. That has about as much tact as walking into a Marine bar just outside the base gate and yelling "Marines Suck" at the top of your voice. Just seems like a dumb idea. It would probably go over better and you would get more useful information if you were not insulting and condescending. Some of these guys gave an honest opinion that it is not the easiest thing to do even though they make it look incredibly easy on YouTube. Take that for what it is, their opinion, and move on. :thumb

Here's a quote from another forum that comes to mind when reading this..."That guy was banned because he is not a professional sign maker and has no interest in becoming one. He is an end user looking for ways to avoid dealing with a professional sign maker. Newbies are and always have been welcome at Signs 101 providing they are seeking to earn their livings in the craft and want to gain professional insights.I sometimes think that some here think we are some kind of a panel of experts interested in passing on information to anyone who asks. The reality is that we are a community helping each other that is made up of members who are at all different levels of experience and expertise ... each with their own viewpoints and opinions".

Hey I have an idea, do us all a favor and make a video of your attempts and post it for our entertainment.

wow....what a great idea....I wish we all would have thought of it! :thumb:popcorn

Oh I sure you had the thought, but not the Balz to say it :popcorn

if any of us had a nickel for everytime some one said, "you make that Look easy!" or my favorite,"I have been watching you for 30 min and I think I could do that." we would all be in early retirement. My response to the "I think I can do it" comment, " here Ill cut one out and sit back and watch you, I need a good laugh".

Archived