Looking to Install a Clear Bra Myself?

Guest Roger555

Guest Roger555
I have watched some install videos it looks pretty strait forward I am more looking for a good precut kit to purchase. I understand you install gurus are holier then now about how difficult this is I just don't buy into it, and yes it is just money lets just say I'm in it for the learning experience more then anything.

Look here azz-wipe.... There are people on here that work very hard day in and day out to perfect their craft.

I don't know what you do for a living.... but according to your reasoning a fok'n chimp could do it ! so anyone paying you more than minimum wage is a damn fool.. so I take it you don't 'really' have the resources available to invest in the proper film and materials to do the job correctly.....

and your windows look great... from about 30 feet away! There is a lot more to installing film then just laying it on a fairly flat window with minimum contamination jackazz.... :thumb

Well Mr. grumpy here I apologize for having the confidence to learn your craft in a matter of days, I'm sure there is much more to your technique then I can learn on a video but give me some time I'm sure I cant do it just as good as you. However I myself am a mechanical engineer I have an eye of detail and am very picky when it comes to my projects, I never HALF ASS! I really don't need your negative criticism on my thread thanks anyways! Also my windows are flawless I will take some closer pics when I get home from vacation if you like.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Roger555

Also about the resources yes I have them, I could pay 1200 for a clear bra install and not bat an eye but the reason I have money and enough of it to go around for all more projects is because I am very conscious of how I spend it. I learned years ago if I was going to be able to afford all the things I want to do with my vehicles I need to do the work myself. Trust me I do a better job then a fok'n chimp working for minimum wage.

Guest kccartint
I have watched some install videos it looks pretty strait forward I am more looking for a good precut kit to purchase. I understand you install gurus are holier then now about how difficult this is I just don't buy into it, and yes it is just money lets just say I'm in it for the learning experience more then anything.

Look here azz-wipe.... There are people on here that work very hard day in and day out to perfect their craft.

I don't know what you do for a living.... but according to your reasoning a fok'n chimp could do it ! so anyone paying you more than minimum wage is a damn fool.. so I take it you don't 'really' have the resources available to invest in the proper film and materials to do the job correctly.....

and your windows look great... from about 30 feet away! There is a lot more to installing film then just laying it on a fairly flat window with minimum contamination jackazz.... :lol

Someone had to say it! :thumb:lol

On a side note...

You are the last person I would recommend to someone due to your attitude on professionals in the business. You should show a little more respect for the people that work hard in the trade when you are asking for their help.

GOOD LUCK though! Please show close ups when your done. :beer

Edit: Here is a good kit. Best Clear Bra Kit Eva

Guest Roger555

and your windows look great... from about 30 feet away! There is a lot more to installing film then just laying it on a fairly flat window with minimum contamination jackazz.... :lol

Someone had to say it! :beer:lol

On a side note...

You are the last person I would recommend to someone due to your attitude on professionals in the business. You should show a little more respect for the people that work hard in the trade when you are asking for their help.

GOOD LUCK though! Please show close ups when your done. :thumb

Edit: Here is a good kit. Best Clear Bra Kit Eva

You guys seriously have a superiority complex. I in no way challenged the skill involved in clear bra installs, I personally just have a lot of confidence in myself and take a lot of care and pride in the work I do on my car. I have never taken on a project and been disappointed that I did it myself even if there were some failures while doing so. Do I think I will install this bra perfectly the first time? I hope so, but if I don't the second time around I will probably succeed and hell it might even take me 2 days to do it. I have swapped transmission, differentials, replaced head gaskets all for the first time just following DIY and have been 100% successful the first time around. I plan to practice on some smaller areas first like the rocker panels, then when I do the bumper it will be in my living room completely stripped down with dawn laying on plastic.

Also thanks ass clown for the link on the eBay film!

No offense, I admire your do it yourself attitude but the tint install does not look professional.

Maybe in your region you havent came across a good installer but I can assure you there are guys and gals out there whose work you could not replicate with a few days of "learning"...

Shoot I tinted for several years and was doing pretty darn well, now I work for a film manufacturer and my work is so sloppy when I try to do a window here and there now because I'm not doing it all the time.

I totally get the OCD control freak I must do it myself mindset.. I'm guilty of it too, just recently I'm learning I'd rather spend the extra time sourcing the definitive expert in my area and having them handle things for me and move on to the next thing. These projects might turn out "ok" but they aren't professional and you miss out on numerous benefits from not having a professional do it. I can understand why you want to go this way if you cannot find a true professional but I assure you folks on this forum can help you locate one.

notice the difference in your edges.. this is just one subtle thing. Its like painting a car, many can make it look alright from 20 feet away.. getting it right takes a lot of skill, knowledge and the right equipment.

102_1238.jpg

LTLarry is right...those gaps are unacceptable IMO....so as far as flawless goes...I guess that is a matter of opinion. :thumb

I would love to see the clear bra install you do though! I say go for it! Please take a video and post the link here when you are done. :beer

give it a try.I can tell it's not a money issue with you. You are right... only a few very good installers in this field. That is a established fact in this field.If you do catch well you will make some serious money fast.If you really love your car do the whole clip and you will not have to see that crappy line across the hood and fenders. Your an Acura owner you will understand that chips happen all over the hood.Go with Xpel DIY dude.

Guest tint51
Man you guys have no confidence in me, how about you just steer me in the right direction I pick up faster then you think. I would rather waste 350$ twice and learn how to do it myself then pay someone 400-600 and be done with it

I agree with other on here should let a pro do it...

If you really want to do it... start with the hood and fenders learn the flat surface then.. buy two kits for bumper.. as I am sure you will f#$$ up the first one..

Not as easy as you think.. I am a DIY and it is still a sharp learning curve...

Archived