Woooo Hooooo we finally got a plotter

Is it doing it in the same spot every time, or in different areas? :cool

Yes same spot!

go up one click on the blade pressure, see if that works

the blade should just be barely out, just enough to run over your finger but not cut the skin.

what is your blade pressure set at?

time for my :beer The film might be moving because of the roller tension allowing the film to lift up. The blade depth should not be moving during cutting unless it is not secured in the holder.

Good Luck

This is an argument Mr P and I had, I do think it should be on the tightest setting, he doesn't!

is the Teflon strip damaged in any way, cut, scored?

Shouldn't be, it is brand new!

Here is how we have it set up now:

Blade - Tint tek carbon plotter blade (pltb-tint-20-g)

Downforce - 130

Speed - 30

Thanks so so so so so so so much!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest untouchable

I have only set up 3 plotters before and don't have much usage time on them, so take this with a grain of salt. Each time you cut to deep you are cutting into the cut strip some. Each time I have set one up I replaced the cut strip right after because of the trial and err of set up damage on it. I have talk to a couple other people that have a lot more experience than me, and they suggest having an extra strip for set up also. I am not sure what you mean by the tightest setting, I think he may have been talking about the knob on the blade holder being tightened down good. I have had the blade move up from pressure on clear from it being to loose before. But if it is doing it in the same spot all the time it sounds like a cutting strip problem. I think every person that sets up a plotter for the first time for tint goes through the exact same frustrations so don't feel bad.

I think 130 is fine, as mine is set there as well. If its cutting too deep in the same spot, you need to replace the strip. Slow it down to 25. Do a test cut to determine the blade depth. If Jay came by, he must have not helped too much! :beach

I will see if my wife and I can drop by on Tuesday with our dog, and I will look at it for you. I was having the same issues you are having when I first got my plotter...it would cut too deep on some sections and pull the film sideways and ultimately fock up the pattern and film. Once its dialed in, you will love it. If you dont have another strip, Ill pick one up for you and we can start over. Im using an aluminum blade holder now, but started with a plastic one. For whatever reason, the aluminum holder seems to cut better on a regular basis, and doesnt "clog up" with dust like the plastic ones do.

I could come :) on it for ya, or has Mike already tried that? :beach

I'm sure it's frustrating to fock with a plotter longer than it takes to cut.

A plotter may save a little sweat once it is workin. and we ain't gettin any younger!

:lol2

Archived