help with ford focus

Guest pame

Hello,

I'm sorry to ask this on this forum but I have no idea what to do.

I had my ford focus 2003 windos tinted and when I left with my car the radio did not work, I could turn it on but it was going scanning permanentely without stoping at any station, and I couldn't even turn it off, I had to turn off the engine. Somebody told me it was because of the tinting and to wait a few days, but it has been 3 days and my radio is still not working.

What should I do? Should I hate the tint from the windows?

Thank you

Guest tint325i

cant see it being a tint problem, the aerial is on the roof and not printed on the glass as it is on BMW's etc, unless they have done something absolutely mental to it, possible trapped speaker wire inside door, I had this on my BMW when a back shock had been changed and a speaker wire had been trapped, speaker signal going straight to earth shuts the amplifier inside your headunit down

please fill in your profile, where are you from?

It's ALWAYS the tinter's fault :poke 7 yr old Focus and your radio is scanning continuously ? Even an all metal film wouldn't wipe out all stations ..and even then, it's only to do with AM reception. Don't hate the film, hate Ford :rollin

Guest filmslayer
It really doesn't sound like the tinter's fault but it does sound like the antenae cable to the back of your radio has come unplugged..........maybe? :rollin

good post . I was just about to remind everyone that this was a custy looking for advice ...

Like the others said, sounds like fault by proxy, but in all actuality, unless you had other work done you aren't telling us about, it shouldn't be the film. Did you tint the windshield, put a visor strip? If so, water may have made it's way in to the radio. It's also possible that the tinter didn't like you Celine Dion CD and changed the radio while he was working on the car and it just so happened he's the one who stepped on the land mine.

It really doesn't sound like the tinter's fault but it does sound like the antenae cable to the back of your radio has come unplugged..........maybe? :blowtorch

Yeah, the squeegee dropped out of his hand, bounced in behind the dash and the tinter accidentally pulled on the antenna that plugs into the rear of the radio in behind the deck :lol

I agree , it DOES sound like the antenna no longer being plugged in..but not from the tinter unless like mentioned ..other work was being done.

Archived