Job Offer -Take It- -Or Leave It-

So I have been discussing a job opportunity with a nation wide electronics store but I wont mention any names (it rhymes with Rest Ry). What they are offering me is an hourly job at not so good pay and refuse to pay off commission. Reason for me even considering the job is because business in my town is a little slow and I'm starting to loose money vs make money, I would get paid benefits and all that jazz at the new job. I guess the question I ask my fellow tinter/owners is do I stick it out with the company that I've built from the ground up for the past 3 years, or do I cave in to the economy and close the shop doors and accept the corporate ran job. I know what the answer is going to be, but I like to hear it from another person instead of my thoughts.

Thanks, ya'll.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I have been discussing a job opportunity with a nation wide electronics store but I wont mention any names (it rhymes with Rest Ry). What they are offering me is an hourly job at not so good pay and refuse to pay off commission. Reason for me even considering the job is because business in my town is a little slow and I'm starting to loose money vs make money, I would get paid benefits and all that jazz at the new job. I guess the question I ask my fellow tinter/owners is do I stick it out with the company that I've built from the ground up for the past 3 years, or do I cave in to the economy and close the shop doors and accept the corporate ran job. I know what the answer is going to be, but I like to hear it from another person instead of my thoughts.

Thanks, ya'll.

I would keep the day job. Good thread a few weeks ago on rest ry starting to tint. From what I remember no one gave um very long in the "business" before they ended the program. They tried it a few years ago with Bray.... did it 2 times and both times failed badly.

good luck and hang in there

stan

I'm that situation, I would lower your prices to match what you would have been paid there which should be cheaper to the consumer in a struggling economy than them going to the chain store. Not to mention you get to remain working for yourself and have opportunity to make more. Farm yourself out on certain days till things pick up. Don't bend over for the greedy corporate giants !

I'm that situation, I would lower your prices to match what you would have been paid there which should be cheaper to the consumer in a struggling economy than them going to the chain store. Not to mention you get to remain working for yourself and have opportunity to make more. Farm yourself out on certain days till things pick up. Don't bend over for the greedy corporate giants !

Now he is making less and isn't earning the benefits from the Rest Ry job. Not sure I'd lower prices, what kind of marketing are you doing currently?

Archived