First 2001 Camaro BG

finishlineautosports

Guest Tint-Factory Car Shine II
After I wet sand the dots, and apply the film, do you guys think it I should or even will need to hang dry the dot matrix area before pushing it down?

Everyone has a different technique on this I'm sure. The way I do it is squeegee it all out then pull the matrix area off the glass and apply some blue glue to the last row of dots and squeegee it all up towards the top. Keep some paper towels handy.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember starting out I was terrified of camaros and trans ams, but it actually is one of my favorite cars to tint now. The back glass looks intimidating but I use a 40 roll and it works just fine. I get the window really wet and make your anchor pretty high and just heat as you work your way down and the film will stretch. Not to many fingers at all besides a few minor ones at the top and maybe one or 2 in the center at the bottom. Installing it is kind of tricky because its a hatch and most of those are so worn out they dont stay open anymore so you can clamp the shock and either reverse roll it on there or hot dog it. I personally fold it and throw it on and your done. Good luck!

Archived