LuLu ATC VS Madico CH

Ok so heres my problem ive used llumar ATC and ATR for about 6 years now and ive been having problems with ATC lately. Ive been having people coming back with scratch coat failures and even my moms car i installed ATC 15 on her rear window is turning real grainy in only about 2 years. Ive been trying alot of films out but not much has compared to working with the ATC. Ive been using madico CH and its nice to work with but it does not match factory tint worth a crap and im not sure how long that stuff will last. So does anyone know a film similar to lulu in color thats quality? Or should i just warranty this lulu stuff and keep working with it? I was getting ATC right off the roll that wasnt very clear.

I've used CH, Greystone, Supreme, Carbon, Raven, and ATC in quantity. I think the ATC is the nicest to install and looks nicer than the others. I can't speak to the longevity, but it is so nice and clear the 35 and 15 I've been getting, and it installs nice. CH and Greystone are nice films, Greystone is a little hard to work with on thick defroster lines, but other than that it's great. It doesn't match privacy glass either. I can't speak to the longevity of any of them, but CH and Greystone seem to carry a very strong reputation. I like the ATC the most out of them though.

lol I think I need some more adjectives besides "nice".

Guest sound&security
Ok so heres my problem ive used llumar ATC and ATR for about 6 years now and ive been having problems with ATC lately. Ive been having people coming back with scratch coat failures and even my moms car i installed ATC 15 on her rear window is turning real grainy in only about 2 years. Ive been trying alot of films out but not much has compared to working with the ATC. Ive been using madico CH and its nice to work with but it does not match factory tint worth a crap and im not sure how long that stuff will last. So does anyone know a film similar to lulu in color thats quality? Or should i just warranty this lulu stuff and keep working with it? I was getting ATC right off the roll that wasnt very clear.

WE've been selling llumar for 7 years-can tell you that "ALL" THE CARS DONE IN 06 are coming back with SR coating failure [ATR]

NOW that we have switched in late 09-TO ATC just about every car has a SR coating problem or theres heavy blur in the film right off the roll.

SINCE DEC 09 UP TO CURRENT we are having problems with the SR coating peeling off while installing the film-#2 heavy blur in the film#3 if the car leaves looking good-it will come back with in weekS with either a heavy blur in the film or the SR coating flaking off the first time the customer cleans the windows.

IT's really a major problem right now. AND IS NOT LIMITED TO THE ATC LINE-WE ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH ATR also

OUR sales rep is a sweet heart and is getting run around silly coming to the shop once every other week to take pictures and pick up bad rolls of film.

SO i make my self clear-AS we install the film on the cars the SR coating is flaking off durning installation.

In the past year we have found between the film and the liners on brand new rolls bugs/red tape/dirt specks/finger prints/ sand like spots/ plus the SR coating failure while installing film and the blur right out of the box.

we average 10-15 tints a day and at least one a day is a R&R FROM THE PAST 6 MONTHS

Guest sound&security
ok thats exactly like the problems im having and i was getting rolls where the last 5 or so feet where ruined because the rolls was wound to tight. SR coatings have been the main problem though. So has anyone used a film which looks similar to the ATC and ATR?

WE'RE getting the wound too tight lines in the film -but they are showing up with in 30 in to the rolls

SUNTEC looks alot like llumar [steve did work at the llumar plant at one time]

BUT suntec wont last more than 18 months at best in south fla from the hummidity sweating the film off-or the adhesive starts to let go. [adhisive develops fingers]

than theres solarguard were the film delaminates in 12-24 months in the south fla heat.

we've been testing new film rolls for llumar and its gotten better-i would ride your reps ass hard for answers and film replacement rolls.

winco wont last a year [been there done that] sunguard pure crap- 3M turns purple with in 14-24 months in south fla's UV enviroment.

SWF is a joke-adhesive failure in months [tested their film] rolls up on the dot matrix and peels off dry with no adhesion .

NO FILM LASTS more than 2 years in AUSTRAILA OR SOUTH FLA period-llumar when their not having plant issues with quality control is the ONLY film that will last down here 3 years with out some type of break down of the product.

LIKE i said-stay with llumar and ride your sale rep for answers and sollutions

NO FILM LASTS more than 2 years in AUSTRAILA OR SOUTH FLA period-llumar when their not having plant issues with quality control is the ONLY film that will last down here 3 years with out some type of break down of the product.

Is that a fact? There are a few on this board that are from both places, and I think they would disagree. Arizona prob gets more intense heat and sun then S. Fla, and Im sure there are films that last more than two years.

Archived