True Black Changing to True Brown

Guest gabe

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howard,

You mentioned that the Classic Charcoal 1.0, 1.2, and 1.5 are a tier higher than TB or TS. What is the difference between Classic 1.0 and 1.2? I know 1.2 is 2 ply and 0.2 mils thicker but is there any other difference besides thickness / feel? Better scratch resistance? Does the adhesive have more bite than TS or TB? Im really looking for something that shrinks well / fast, looks great and has a lifetime warranty. For some people's cars, that is the end all. If you dont have that, you dont have business. Thanks.

I dont want to Hijack the post, but I know what is coming next.........Where are you located?

Im located in Surprise, AZ, but grew up in Phoenix. I started tinting cars about a year ago on the side. The cars/trucks look great, but it takes me forever! Its more of a learning experience for me. I get a few referrals from friends of friends. I would like to take it to the next level when I feel I have put in my dues and it doesn't take so long to complete a car. I've used True Smoke and True Black and really like TS.

By the way, without your guys/gals help, I would not have been able to make it this far. Thanks.

Guest scottydosnntkno
Why is everyone surprised... where is scottydosntkno when you need him. I'm pretty sure he'll tell everyone that this isn't so.

QDP will last longer than TB, just because of the differences in construction.

In the ~2 years I've been using TB, I haven't had any issues yet, and have had it on my family cars from the beginning :blabla

however, I'm glad I stopped using SolarGards NR Smoke series. I know its supposed to only b a 3 year film, but i put some of my leftover stock on my g/fs stepdads truck at the beginning of last summer, and now its pretty faded and purpling, The top edge is fine, but the rest of the window is jacked up. He doesn't care since its a work truck, so we're waiting to see how long it takes to reallyyyy go bad.

dont' forget im in michigan, so we have mild weather

Guest ohsnapitseric
EWF has ran this stuff through his tests/machines and I'm sure has seen this already :thumb

im not one to trust companies that run their own test on their products..how about you?

Howard has maad respect on here....from what I've learned, he's a honest, good guy...

TB WAS A NEW LINE AND HAS BEEN GETTING REDONE WITH HOWARD TELLING US EVERTIME A CHANGE WAS MADE HE IS DOING THE RIGHT THING NOT LIKE SOLRGARD TELLING US IT WAS ISOLATED THEN A YR LATER TELLING US IT WAS A BAD ADHESIVE PROBLEM AFTER 10 PEOPLE DROPPED THEM LIKE A BAD HABBITTTTTTTT EXPRESS WINDOW FILM LIFER

Howard,

What is the difference between Classic 1.0 and 1.2? I know 1.2 is 2 ply and 0.2 mils thicker but is there any other difference besides thickness / feel? Better scratch resistance? Does the adhesive have more bite than TS or TB?

By the way, without your guys/gals help, I would not have been able to make it this far. Thanks.

Hi AZTintguy,

Thanks for the kind words.

Classic 1.0 1 Ply / 1.0 Mil

Classic 1.2 2 Ply / 1.5 Mil

Classic 1.5 2 Ply / 1.5 Mil (Metal Hybrid)

The scratch coat and mounting adhesive are the same. Color and color pigmentation are the same on all as well.

The TB has the "Clean Remove" adhesive. Classic has the traditional adhesive that will leave residue behind in the event of removal. Classic will tack stronger/quicker compared to TB, but the adjustment period is short. It's a matter of personal preference. Both are viable, high volume products for us.

The Classic Series carries the Color Stable Warranty, but is more expensive.

-Howard

wow...one year old and showing signs of color change and fading

Hi guest,

Yes, but he remarked in a later post that his customer did not notice anything and did not mention it. The gain in VLT and slight change in hue is very subtle.

TB is not Global or Llumar, but it holds it's own better than anything else in it's price range. We don't offer a CS warranty on TB, but we have tested other CS films that did not perform as well as TB and sell for 2X - 3X the price.

If CS is an absolute requirement, we have an excellent selection of CS Warranty films as well.

-Howard

im not one to trust companies that run their own test on their products..how about you?

Hi guest,

Our motto is: Trust, but verify.

We are the one and only privately owned window film distribution operation on this planet that owns and operates a QUV. If you are going to venture "off label" you can do it on your own (and take the word of a rep) or consider EWF, a company that has the experience, skills, knowledge and equipment to assess how well a film will hold up compared to it's peers.

Learn more at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QarVEhsFqio

-Howard

Hi Siaybis,

TS also has a clean-remove adhesive, but it shrinks differently so you might experience different results. If you want to give it a try, please let us know.

-Howard

Archived