Is Johnson's window film a good film?

Guest nichole87

Guest nichole87

I had my two front car windows tinted with 35% Johnson tint and had their clear UV film put over the windshield. I did not do my research before getting this film and now I'm hearing that Johnson's window film isn't very good. I'm worried that it's not blocking UVA rays as well as other films. Should I get the films removed or replaced with somthing else?

Thank you in advance!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the replys!

How long does the uv protection on these films usually last?

Some shops carry a uv meter to verify rejection. Your windshield already blocks 95% or so of uv a&b, so the film you got from Johnson will only improve that number. Your side windows are the ones that benefited the most. The film's uv rejection should last years, but again have a shop somewhere in your area verify every couple of years.

Going by another manufacturers data, the UV rejection should only have about a 2% change over a 5 year period. Either way, I with everyone else, the film should last with no problems , and Johnsons is a larger manufacturer, so its a good choice compared with some of the no name junk on the market. Im not thinking johnsons is is the business of making junk and ripping people off IMHO.

i have always had really good luck using johnson film. i used them first at a shop i started at years ago. i have also used about every other film out there since then. the other shops i had worked at wouldn't take a chance with their film. however i have gone back to using johnson film for comm/res, as well as for my automotive film. good easy to work film, and i can apply it with way less shampoo then any other film i have ever installed.