Is Johnson's window film a good film?

Guest nichole87

I use Johnsons For flat glass, used to use shill...and executive, years ago, ....whats strange is one vehicle I did looked just as good as day one after 8 years, but another one failed and mauraded (orange peel) and turned purple and faded after 2 years with same line of film :blink . So hard to say now, mabye a few bad rolls out of 10?? Dont know now, seems all mannys improved thier film. I just switched to Global. :thumb

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zarasa

Hi sorry to necropost, but this thread was one of the top search results on google for “Johnson’s Window Film”.

My installer/friend uses Johnson’s. He’s put it on nearly a dozen cars for me in the past that I flipped. I have my first high end personal car and want to make sure the customizations are nice. On the forums for this car people are talking about seriously high tech ceramic films, etc. that are very very expensive.

Frankly it feels like they are paying 3 to 4 times what my buddy charges me and they are getting a result that is maybe 5% better. In other words I smell a whole lot of marketing BS.

To get to the point: If a top notch installer with over 10 years of experience is putting Johnson’s Window Film on my precious ride, I should be fine right? I don’t need the absolute best. I just want it to look great, last many years and block out some of the intense Arizona sun.

52 minutes ago, Guest Zarasa said:

Hi sorry to necropost, but this thread was one of the top search results on google for “Johnson’s Window Film”.

My installer/friend uses Johnson’s. He’s put it on nearly a dozen cars for me in the past that I flipped. I have my first high end personal car and want to make sure the customizations are nice. On the forums for this car people are talking about seriously high tech ceramic films, etc. that are very very expensive.

Frankly it feels like they are paying 3 to 4 times what my buddy charges me and they are getting a result that is maybe 5% better. In other words I smell a whole lot of marketing BS.

To get to the point: If a top notch installer with over 10 years of experience is putting Johnson’s Window Film on my precious ride, I should be fine right? I don’t need the absolute best. I just want it to look great, last many years and block out some of the intense Arizona sun.

Go with the installer you've used and trust. That'll outweigh any negativity towards whatever film you use.