Low-E Flat Glass Film

I asked this in the residential/commercial forum, but thought this may be a place to get an answer as well:

Who has worked with Low-E flat glass film? What Low-E film would you recommend? I am looking for a good one that I could possibly use on some residential applications.

I am really in need of a decent Low-E film! Thank you for the input!

Tim

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I asked this in the residential/commercial forum, but thought this may be a place to get an answer as well:

Who has worked with Low-E flat glass film? What Low-E film would you recommend? I am looking for a good one that I could possibly use on some residential applications.

Tim

LLumar has a 35% VLT film in their vista line , and I believe 3M has the same. Then you have solargard's low-E film as well. Madico will be releasing one sooner or latter. It will be a 50% VLT film, and the specs are really nice.

Has anyone used any for a resi application? From what I understand, these films are rather reflective, which I would assume would be a hard sell unless the return outweighs that negative aspect of the film.

True?

For commercial, I could see it not mattering......

Has anyone used any for a resi application? From what I understand, these films are rather reflective, which I would assume would be a hard sell unless the return outweighs that negative aspect of the film.

True?

For commercial, I could see it not mattering......

Enerlogic marketing material really hits home with the residential consumer as well. "Takes single pane glass to double pane performamce or double pane to triple pane performance levels."

The best performer "year round" on the market. When a competing dealer tries the "my film is aesthetically preferable" for whatever reason, the consumer has been given traditional/ceramic/spectrally selective options along with Enerlogic. The typical consumers spending the money for window film today will consider the best performer. They may not decide to buy, but they will think about it moreso than years ago. Fading, glare contol and heat reduction still sell the product, but insulation appeals to residential consumers now more than ever before.

Tim

LLumar has a 35% VLT film in their vista line , and I believe 3M has the same. Then you have solargard's low-E film as well. Madico will be releasing one sooner or latter. It will be a 50% VLT film, and the specs are really nice.

Does anyone known the specs on the 3m film?

I really like the Vista and sat down with a rep to talk about carrying instead of Huper, but they have such a high film purchase requirement we would have to cut way back on Madico to make it work and I don't want to do that!

Tim

Guest Retnitorp

Tim

LE-35AMARL ( medium amber )

SC...0.94

visible light...reflected 56% transmitted 31%

Emissivity 0.34

U-value 0.74

Sho 69%

Hlr 30%

Gr 65%

Tser 75%

Tim

SC...0.94

Emissivity 0.34

U-value 0.74

Sho 69%

Hlr 30%

Gr 65%

Tser 75%

This film came out in the early 90's. It has a five year warranty (residential and commercial) The EnerLogic is lifetime residential and 15 year commercial.

FYI

Guest Retnitorp

Tim

SC...0.94

Emissivity 0.34

U-value 0.74

Sho 69%

Hlr 30%

Gr 65%

Tser 75%

This film came out in the early 90's. It has a five year warranty (residential and commercial) The EnerLogic is lifetime residential and 15 year commercial.

FYI

But will EnerLogic last even the 15 years ?...... :blind

3M has had Low-E films for over 25 years.

Archived