Want to get into tinting....help me !

Guest FutreTintr

Guest FutreTintr

Hi guys...I want to learn how to tint. I have watched a couple of shops tint my car before and its just something I think I can do. I can do almost anything with a car...except tint it. I want to start out just doing like my families cars...friends....and maybe one day open up a shop. I have read over the "basic car tinting instructions" and have a few questions. From what I have seen, the tinter put the film on the outside of the window and then cut it to size...they then peel off a seperate piece and that goes on the inside...my question is...how do you know what size peels off...they all look the same to me...also..what are some good sites to order film and basic tools from. I dont expect to be an expert at first...but you got to start somewhere.

Thanks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

go to wallmart or autozone and get a cheap roll of film, then try to tint the flattest piece of glass on your car, then come back and ask us what the heck went wrong, this aint as easy as you think. You have no idea. Sorry, but 3 people have asked the same question in two days, and it's almost an insult to us.

It's some thing akin to this:

Hi guys...I want to learn how to be a doctor. I have watched a couple of doctors operate before and its just something I think I can do. I can do almost anything with a human body...except perform surgery on it. I want to start out just doing like my families operations...friends....and maybe one day open up a doctors office. I have read over the "basic surgery" and have a few questions. From what I have seen, the surgeon put the scalpel on the outside of the skin and then cut open...they then peel off a seperate piece and that goes on the inside...my question is...how do you know what to off...they all look the same to me...also..what are some good sites to order scalpels and basic tools from. I dont expect to be an expert at first...but you got to start somewhere.

Thanks

Guest FutreTintr

I did not say I was going to be an expert after a couple of tints...I just want to get the hang of it. I spoke to a guy at a local shop, and he told me as soon as I can get the idea of tinting...then I could learn from him and he would help me perfect it. He said I must know how to cut and basically apply the film

Guest FutreTintr

and tintdude...I dont know why you would take it as a insult. I would take it as a compliment knowing that there are people out there who want to get into the profession that I am in and are curious about it.

what tintdude just said was that you have no idea how long it is going to take you to learn how to cut . and or put it in very car is different and done in a different way ive been doing this seven years now. and I am still learning. not because I am an idiot . simply because this is a very hard trade

sorry , didn't mean to sound like an @$$%ole, but alot of us have been tinting for decades and are still learning, and alot of people think theres nothing to it, and think they are going to be able to be a tinter in a week, it's just frustrating to some of us. Most customers think it's some minimum wage flunky tinting their car, and others think "well hell, I can do that!"

Please, go get some pep boys film and tint your car, then come back and ask some specific questions. You will have a much greater understanding of what I am saying.

Archived