Want to get into tinting....help me !

Guest FutreTintr

Guest thetintshop

got in too late on this one. everybody pretty much summed it up for you, and alot nicer than I would have. I have customers all the time say something about how easy it looks to tint. WELL HELL YEAH I MAKE IT LOOK EASY, I'VE BEEN DOING IT FOR 18 FUGGIN YEARS.

I'm sure oil painting looks easy too. just grab some oil colors and a canvas and see what you end up with. you won't be able to even get started without some instruction. (DAMN, is it just me? I have a feeling of deja vu) also, read some of the other threads before posting. this question was asked today by another guy who wants to "jump into" tinting. (ya'll make it sound like a f'n hobby)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DontWorryItWillDry
WELL HELL YEAH I MAKE IT LOOK EASY, I'VE BEEN DOING IT FOR 18 FUGGIN YEARS.

TTS, you forgot to add......AND I'M ONLY 21 YEARS OLD.....PAL! :beer

With all seriouness Fut (your new board name), welcome to the boards. I stopped tinting cars about 10 yrs ago....too much frikkin' trouble. But alas there is hope for you. A lot has changed since then and the professional grade films are much easier to work with....and a lot more expensive.

But as TintDude said, go to Wal-Mart or Pep Boys or Auto Zone...buy some film...try it out...then come back to the boards with questions. And my personal advice....don't let all the knocking you get here deter you...grow thick skin and roll with the punches....they are all actually good people.

Guest thetintshop

I had a guy come in yesterday wanting to buy some film to tint his own car. I always sell it to them, no questions asked. (hell, I'd sell anything at a 300% mark up and not having to do any work, easy friggin money.) but I was feeling adventurous and asked this guy what he was gonna put it on, he said an eclipse. I asked him if he had ever tried to tint before and he said "no, but I've seen it done, and it's pretty much gravy work." I seriously thought about b***h slappin that little s**t head. it just pisses me off that people think tinting is so easy.

Archived