Want to get into tinting....help me !

Guest FutreTintr

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DontWorryItWillDry

TTS, why didn't you up sell?

There's that super install solution that looks and smells like baby shampoo but it's not. The specially contoured adhesive spreader that is actually a cheap black turbo squeegee. And that precise solution applicator (Spraymaster), everytime you squeeze the trigger, it applies the right amount of solution to clean and apply the stuff.

Anything else? :cool

Guest Braud Spectrum

The pinstripe guy does many of the same dealers as I do, sometimes even in my shop while I'm tinting. We were visiting while working one day and he told me he was striping a truck at a dealership on the lot. When he finished the vehicle, the salesmen at the dealership was ragging him about how much he was charging for it. The salesman says, "I can't believe you're going to charge me forty bucks to stripe that truck ! It only took you twenty minutes!" The stripe man says" NO. :cool It took me eight years and twenty minutes to stripe that truck..." :hump:hump

Guest metint
Hi guys...I want to learn how to tint.  

Thanks

I've trained many over the years and only seen, maybe, 3 naturals and even they had to start somewhere. If you have the ambition and the knack, you'll do just fine.

The industry could use a few good men/women!

:cool

Guest thetintshop

The specially contoured adhesive spreader that is actually a cheap black turbo squeegee.

I had one guy, when asked if he needed a squeegee, reply with this statement, "no, I'll just use my credit card."

how in the hell am I supposed to argue with this logic???

Guest Braud Spectrum

You certainly may DWIWD :mrgreen: I use it all the time. Especially when customers arrive early ...WAY early to pick up their vehicles if they look at me skeptically when it's already ready cause I told um it'd take three hours (I do that cause I need time to babysit a little bit and let um sit in the sun and nit pick.)

I had a Ford crew cab I picked up tinted and had back to the dealership in less than an hour because it was an "emergency" according to them. I busted my butt and didn't answer the phone or even stop to smoke a cig the whole time and had it back waaay before the deadline to accomodate, thinkin' I'm doin' all the good and they will really be impressed. Instead of "Wow thanks for getting it back so quick and on such short notice, we really appreciate it." I get "Ommmve! Now you done told on yourself!" :thumb

I've been tinting for over 20 yrs now..full time , that's all I do is tint and can honestly say that only fellow tinters can appreciate the practiced skills it takes to make a car tint look great...and yes, still learning and trying to improve myself with new techniques and thanx to the sharing that takes place at a website like this , others experiences as well ..cheers to you all ! :thumb

Archived