Clean Cut Box Slitter

looks like a good idea to me. I like the fact it has a tray to put the box in.

The very first shop I worked at we had a box slitter. It was the simplest thing I've ever seen and can't find them anymore.

It just clipped to the box kind like a tape measure would clip to something. And it held a single inch razor. You just set it along the box were you wanted to slit and pull.

Does anyone know where I can find one of these type slittler again? :malc

I have some of those splitters somewhere you can have if i find them.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looks like a good idea to me. I like the fact it has a tray to put the box in.

The very first shop I worked at we had a box slitter. It was the simplest thing I've ever seen and can't find them anymore.

It just clipped to the box kind like a tape measure would clip to something. And it held a single inch razor. You just set it along the box were you wanted to slit and pull.

Does anyone know where I can find one of these type slittler again? :malc

this the one you are referring to?

http://www.windowfilmsupplies.com/images/p.../A0104large.jpg

That is the cutter I use with the aluminum channel. It slides over the channel and the channel slides over the box edge. The channel keeps the Olfa from digging into the box when you cut the film and gives a more consistent cut. I still like the FH better

My only gripe is that they don't have a 40" model. So I use my 36" on my 40" box. PITArse

Was looking through this thread and didn't know if you were talking about the CCBS or not :lol They do have a 40 in cutting bar. I have been using the 60 inch in my training area to cut three 20's and then cutting the 60 down to 2 thirty inch for rear windows in the school. Sometimes you can get a deal on 60 automotive rolls. :lol2

I bought that system a couple years ago, minus the box holder. Whatta waste of money that was. You cannot get clean cuts out of it. Look how the cutter attaches. It doesnt keep the the film straight where the cutter is, while the other side not being cut lays flat on the edge, which ALWAYS gives you a diagonal cut along the edge. The edge should have another "lip" (like a T) where the cutters would be outside of the box, and not sitting over the film.

Not to mention, you can only cut the film one way. Since the blade sits over the roll, you can only pull the film from the backside of the box, and not from the front of the box (if that makes sense). So if your film has the liner wound in, you have to flip the film around, then roll it up (if you are pulling on the floor) so you can reverse roll. The film handler will at least hold the film after you cut it to roll it up the way it needs to be.

I am not trying to piss off Stan with this post, but I have used it and am giving my experience. I ended up giving the system to Kats2112. If you are pulling film and dont have to cut it (like out of a 60" for 58" windows) the straight edge is great. You will be dissapointed with this system if you buy it...especially if you have used a Filmhandler.

Now I have those things taking up space in my storage! :thumb

Tom's $9 setup is probably the same as mine.

I'm Hangin film before others can find a place to set up a filmhandler!

Now I have those things taking up space in my storage! :beer

Tom's $9 setup is probably the same as mine.

I'm Hangin film before others can find a place to set up a filmhandler!

We have that exact set-up for sale and many really like it. The biggest downfall is that the aluminum channel only currently come in a 72" size. To have a size for each size box that you use, you would need to buy multiple 72" channels and cut them down. Great system at a very low cost though.

Archived