Dry Shrinking Questions

I think I know what you are talking about as far as the creases. I think I got a TOTW once for this one...but cant find it...and now that I look...I seem to have lost my medal for it too. :boogie:thumb

Anyway, if you see those little "creases" appear...move a pocket of air from another area of the window, under the areas that appear creased....then give it another shot of heat. The additional shrink should take away those little "creases".

I used soap but found it to be too sticky as I shrunk the film and cause it to over shrink in areas. I switched to filmon and water in a spray bottle. I mist it on and spread it out with a microfiber, it leaves a small haze and lets the film glide better in my experiance.

I don't think you can use too much soap. I always give it a nice layer of soap and let it dry fully. Those little creases you talk about seem like the normal wrinkles I get sometimes when shrinking. If you try to get rid of them they turn into creases, if you leave them, theres no problem.

I tell you one thing, shrinking is sooo much easier for me with a glove, especially with the Kevlar heat shinking gloves that Stan spoke of awhile back.

Thanks Stan! :thumb

So maybe I wasn't letting the soap dry enough first. There were some windows I did really well this way so I am going to start letting it dry for 10 minutes or so and then blast some heat on it for assurance.

idk about blasting, youll see when you do it its almost instant how fast it dries. you just kinda find the areas that have drops of water and are wet. im going to stop talking youll get it

Guest shemsplace

I think I know what you are talking about as far as the creases. I think I got a TOTW once for this one...but cant find it...and now that I look...I seem to have lost my medal for it too. :evileye:lol

Anyway, if you see those little "creases" appear...move a pocket of air from another area of the window, under the areas that appear creased....then give it another shot of heat. The additional shrink should take away those little "creases".

works every time :thumb :thumb :thumb

I think I know what you are talking about as far as the creases. I think I got a TOTW once for this one...but cant find it...and now that I look...I seem to have lost my medal for it too. :evileye:lol

Archived